Notary Rotary
DOT Vesting
Notary Discussion History

DOT Vesting
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Cherilyn_CO on 10/1/05 12:57pm
Msg #68311

DOT Vesting

DOT Vesting is John J. Doe. Signature line reads both John J. Doe and Jane J. Doe, the non-borrowing spouse. I was a little perplexed by this and called the SS. I thought that the signature(s) and vesting had to be the same? SS said she thought it was OK.

So they both signed and initialed the Deed, but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone has run into this before. I've seen both names listed on the deed, borrower and NBS, but not the opposite.

Is this OK?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/1/05 1:05pm
Msg #68313

Maybe. It depends on who is actually on title, even though the DOT vesting line doesn't specifically match. The vesting can be "fixed" later, but, obviously, adding signatures cannot be as easily fixed (legally). It is not our (the notary signing agent) problem, but the lender and title company's. You did your job as directed.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 10/2/05 4:51am
Msg #68351

Cherilyn, just a head's up - did you check the names listed in your ackn. block? Often, the software pulls from the front of the mortgage, and NBS might not be in ackn. if she's not on front.

Reply by Cherilyn_CO on 10/2/05 12:55pm
Msg #68365

Yes, her name was listed there too. nt

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.