Notary Rotary
Desperate SOX looking for TIP in MD
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by GioinMD on 10/27/05 2:04pm
Msg #72698

They called me 5 times yesterday and declined all of them. I was recently told by a friend MD notary that they paid him within 30 days. Amazing ! for all the negative stuff I read about this company.
Is there any TIP in Maryland accepting signing from this company ?
TIA

Reply by Jude_MD on 10/27/05 3:55pm
Msg #72726

Re: Desperate SOX looking for TIP in MD

Reply by Jude_MD on 10/27/05 3:57pm
Msg #72727

sorry . . no way - not me, sad thing is they will find someone that is not a TIP, and that doesn't read these posts.

Reply by AngelinaWV on 10/27/05 3:59pm
Msg #72729

Could you tell me what the abbr. "TIP" stands for?

Thanks

Reply by GioinMD on 10/27/05 5:54pm
Msg #72740

Title Insurance Producer, the license required in MD

Reply by Kerrie Debney on 10/28/05 1:04am
Msg #72805

They are Desperate now, no one out there wrkg w/them?

I feel really bad for this company! I know someone that was working for them for a while & apparentlky, they have changed their accounting Dept but- no one will work fo them. My friend was telling me that the old accountant was basically stealing the notary pay!!! She worked there & then they placed her at one of the Lenders that they work w/ then was hired on @ the Lenders, making an insane amount of $! But, i have only worked for them 10 times I think. I was paid every time & it wasn't late. They tell you up front what their pay schedule is. Anyway, I know there's a lot of you who have had a really bad experience w/ them. I guess I was just lucky every single time?!

Reply by April_NY on 10/28/05 7:22am
Msg #72827

Re: They are Desperate now, no one out there wrkg w/them?

Every company I have come across that does not pay gives the song and dance that its their accountants fault and they have a new accounting system, blah blah blah.
Is it really worth it?

Reply by Kerrie Debney on 10/28/05 2:53pm
Msg #72896

Re: They are Desperate now, no one out there wrkg w/them?

It depends on your situation & what you require from a service I guess. There are times that I am slow w/ other resources & its just nice to know- for me- that there are SS' out there that have my # & like my work & it almost always leads to something else. The last signing or the 2nd to last?, anyway brwr owned a paiting Co & I got my entire house (outside) done for the cost of materials. It has always led to soemthing beyond a $50 or $85 signing. Like I said b4 though, I have not had a problem w/ them- I am lucky maybe? The person that gave this info to me is a close friend & she was expereincing the pain this had caused first hand. They are natiowide right?

Reply by taxpro on 10/28/05 5:03pm
Msg #72924

Sign on the X called me today, for the first time. Thanks to this board, I knew better than to accept the signing. Maybe they are doing better about paying on time, but it's not worth the risk. I wouldn't work for them until I heard that they have paid every notary to whom they owe money, and have made all their bounced checks good. If they do that, then come on this board and apologize for stealing notaries' money and time, and apologize for treating them with utter disdain and disrespect, and then if they establish a timely payment record for about six months, I might give them a try. Otherwise, I don't have time for their games, and I don't work for free.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/28/05 6:29pm
Msg #72940

Taxpro, I like your attitude. How anybody on this board trusts SOX to do the right thing is beyond me, but apparently people are still taking signings from them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.