Notary Rotary
Ditech - those of you who have done these - RTC question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by SignerCA on 10/7/05 2:03pm
Msg #69380

I see in my lender's/notary instructions that I am to "Return only (1) completed Right to Cancel form per loan" This is verbatem. There are six copies of the RTC in both the original package and six in the borrowers copy. Are they asking me to take out five copies and add them to the six copies in the borrowers set and only return one signed and initialed copy to Ditech. I know they are particular but...

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 3:05pm
Msg #69398

The lender only needs ONE signed RTC for each borrower/owner. If all names are on one page, then only one page needs to be returned.

Borrowers/owners EACH are to get TWO copies. Two signers would mean at least four copies of the RTC must be in the borrowers copy. I shred the excess after the signing. I always take them all, just in case the signers sign on the wrong line by accident. (It happens once in a while.)

Reply by SignerCA on 10/7/05 3:18pm
Msg #69406

Gottcha, so...

even thought there are six copies in each packet (mine and the borrower's) with both names on it, I only need to return one copy signed and initialed by both?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 3:20pm
Msg #69407

Correcto mundo (n/m)

Reply by SignerCA on 10/7/05 3:27pm
Msg #69409

thanks, it just seemed like a lot of paper n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.