Notary Rotary
Documents Printing VERY slow
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Marie_MN on 10/18/05 10:13am
Msg #71024

Does anyone know what causes some packages to print slow? I mean like 1 page per 1/2 minute? I have an HP 1320 and HP 1300 and every once in awhile that happens. I was told it probably was scanned incorrectly, but is there anything you can do to speed it up? All suggestions will really be appreciated.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/18/05 10:24am
Msg #71025

I'm assuming you are talking PDF files.

If it was scanned as graphics and not text, then it will be slow. Not much you can do.

Easiest way to see if this is the problem is to look at the size of the file. For checking purposes, if a 50 page file is over 1 meg, it might be graphic scanned. I've had files in the 8MB range for 70 pages. Very slow printing.

It helps a little of you close as many programs as possible to free up cpu capacity.

Note for future who sends the file this way. They can resend it scanned as text.

Art

Reply by Marie Kyker on 10/18/05 10:34am
Msg #71026

Yes, I did mean PDF files. Thanks for the info. I kind of figured there was nothing I could do, but it seems that when you have back to back closings, that's when this happens and it is really frustrating because once your late for the first appointment, it just spirals down hill (time wise) from there. But, I LOVE MY JOB.

Reply by Cari_MO on 10/18/05 11:24am
Msg #71033

Great information ART. I often wondered why some print slower myself. I will watch the size also. Thanks Smiley

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/18/05 11:47am
Msg #71040

Call whoever hired you and let them know. It's very possible that whoever did the scanning didn't even realize that they scanned as images. Sometimes it's just as simple as letting them know. The last time this happened to me I called the lender and they re-emailed them in EDS files. Printed up like a breeze once I downloaded the viewer which took all of 4 minutes to do.

We all like to know what we can do to get more work out of less time. The lender I had this happen with was happy that I called to get the docs by EDS so I could get to the appointment on time.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 10/18/05 7:53pm
Msg #71102

I began printing a package out last night and I could not believe how slow it was printing. I always go in and use toner saver mode for the second set and when I went to the preferences it was set in high quality 1200 dpi (they were pretty, though). Set the print quality correctly and the speed cam back.

Reply by Danny_FL on 10/18/05 9:23pm
Msg #71108

You also have to remember that the 1320 comes with 16megs of printer memory. Pick up a 128meg memory chip (bout $50-60) and install it. Installs easy from access panel removal on the left side of printer. This will help with your printer speed alot of times as well as not bogging down your computer.

Danny

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.