Driving
Notary Discussion History

Driving
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/28/05 1:40am
Msg #72809

Driving

me crazy... and you?
Every out of state SS I have worked with are completely GONE. They have been completely unorganized.
The last I had to tell what docs to send ME!>?
Does anyone here put a cut off time for the docs? For instance if an SS tells you the signer is waiting, (and coincidentally, the signer immediately begins calling you asking you "where are you?" 5 minutes after you take the job) the docs need to go overnight, but they aren't sent for hours? What is the cut off if you are expected to overnight the docs?
Also, speaking of dogs and wacked borrowers how about drunk SS' and their dogs?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/05 1:54am
Msg #72811

You have to finish, or should I say, start the story! What happened w/ a drunk SS & a dog???

Reply by Kerrie Debney on 10/28/05 1:55am
Msg #72812

Didn't mean to be ANON last time.. What happened w/ SS & a dog? :-?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/28/05 1:58am
Msg #72813

On the phone "he or she" sounded intoxicated. In the background 1 or 2 dogs were barking and the SS would scream for the dog to be quiet in the middle of the telecon.
Do you have a cut off time Kerrie?

Reply by Kerrie Debney on 10/28/05 2:03am
Msg #72815

No, I don't. I just stay in touch w/ the brwrs & whoever gave me the signing. I don't get so stressed out that I am screaming at the SS or cancelling a bunch of signings b/c it wasn't tailored to my schedule. As long as the brwrs are up for the signing, I am!
You're story, short as it was, is out of control! I love that!!! LOL! wish you would tell more of it!

Reply by PJM/MI on 10/28/05 6:59am
Msg #72820

Like Kerry, I do not have a cut off time. If I have to, I shuffle the closings around a bit, and let everybody know what is going on. If it gets really crazy and ALL e-docs are late, I will call the ss and let 'em know I can't do the closing due to my schedule. Like I stated before, sometimes ss's don't seem to understand we do more than one closing per day. Shoot, I take as many as I can get!

Reply by Kerrie Debney on 10/28/05 11:13am
Msg #72861

I do too! I take as many as time will allow. I have worked for one or 2 sS' that have no understandng of time & $ loss for waiting around for edocs, I don't work for them anymore though. No wait, correction, I actually am referring to a Title Co that I now will not work with. I was going to put the name but, I don't want to cause them any trouble- nice group of people. I realize after doing this job so long that I can't blame it on one person or Co for docs not making it on time. It is ussually a string of events leading up to. I learned this one night while I kept a young lady on the phone untiul she explained exactly why I had to wait 6 hours after the signing time to ever receive the docs. Signing was scheduled for 1PM, I did not get to the signing until almost 8PM! At least I got the answers I was looking for though before I arrived. You never want to arrive 7 hours late & be a stress case on top of that!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.