Notary Rotary
EOM Rant
Notary Discussion History

EOM Rant
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by LauriecPA on 10/26/05 9:41am
Msg #72386

EOM Rant

Jeez! I got my email docs @ 9:30 for a 10:30 appt. I am printing away and get a call that the HUD and other paapers will arrive seperately. I said I had to have them by 9:45 or I'd never make it by 10:30 to the borrower's home. (and everything is synchronized today, I can't be late for anything or I will mess up my other appts.) At 10 they call me and tell me the location has been changed to a place that is an hour and a half away! I told them they had better start looking for another notary.
Now, I can sit back and wait for the edocs for the 12:00 appt! lol

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/26/05 9:49am
Msg #72389

I know exactly what you mean! I know it's frustrating. That happened to me last night. Docs for a 5:30 appointment arrived at 5:20pm. So I would not be late for a 7pm appointmnet and had those docs, I contacted both borrowers to make sure I could come early to the 7pm one and late for 5:30 one. I just flipped flopped them. They were both ok and so was the SS and title company. It's just a headache when you don't have your docs on time. Now today, I have 4 and I don't have any of the docs. This is going to a long, long day! But I love it and wouldn't have it any other way! Smiley

Reply by LauriecPA on 10/26/05 9:51am
Msg #72390

I'm glad it all worked out for you! I had 5 appts. scheduled for today and my last one (7:30) was just cancelled. Now I'm down to 3! Hopefully, they will come through b/c I have 0 for tomorrow!

Reply by Pamela J Montez on 10/26/05 10:27am
Msg #72396

Oh isn't this just a wonderful business? Smiley I had one bo (who lived 10 min away) call me and tell me he wanted to sign at his work.. 1 1/2 hours away. I called the title co & told them they needed to find another SA. Seems the bo did tell his lo he wanted to sign at his work.. lo never told title co.
I think sometimes title co's and ss's don't understand we do this full-time (most of us), and we try to do as many closings as we can. I had one lo scream at me because I was running late to HIS closing... I told him "you're not my only closing... is this your ONLY loan for the day?" He backtracked mighty fast.

Reply by LauriecPA on 10/26/05 10:48am
Msg #72402

My 12:00 was just cancelled, too! Now, I'm down to 2!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/26/05 10:49am
Msg #72404

LOL, yes, but it is early in the day! How many will you get for last minute signings!

Reply by LauriecPA on 10/26/05 10:52am
Msg #72407

At this point, I don't want any last minute signings! I'd rather be broke! lol My TV stoppped working last night, too, so I can't even relax and watch a show while waiting for the next set of docs to (maybe) arrive!

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/26/05 8:36pm
Msg #72512

You're right. I received a call while at my last appointment today. Of course I let it go to voice mail. When I checked voice mail 10 minutes later, SS wanted to know if I could do a closing TONIGHT (It was already 6:30 when they called), probably would not have received the document until 8:00 - 8:30 and then more than likely got to borrower's home after 9pm. I called them back and thank goodness I got their answering machine and was able to leave message. Funny thing is: I would have taken the closing! I try to put myself in the borrower's shoes. I'm sure the docs were date sensitive and had to be signed tonight. I figured they must have gotten someone else to do it because they didn't call me back. Awwwww...I was looking forward to it to! Smiley

Reply by sue_pa on 10/26/05 10:51am
Msg #72406

must be a PA thing this week. I believe I've had more cancellations/reschedules/time changes this week than I've had in the past month !!

Reply by LauriecPA on 10/26/05 9:13pm
Msg #72521

Well, I did get one assignment out of the original 5 completed! Wow! One out of five! I also got 2 last min. calls, but was in no mood to sit by the computer anymore tonite! One call came while I was on my way to my 4pm appt. at 6:15, lol, and the last one came in at 8:30! ($75 email, no less!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.