Notary Rotary
Expired Drivers License in NY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/13/05 12:09pm
Msg #70260

I am using anonymous because I am also embarassed for not being 100% sure of this question. Can an expired NYS License be be used as proper id along with three other forms of id? Example, birth certificate, credit card or social security card? Bank is saying this is OK. Signing is today!! Please advise ASAP.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/13/05 12:33pm
Msg #70267

Am in MD but as far as I know, and I welcome to being corrected, there is not a clear definition in the NY laws. Closest is section 303.
§303. Requisites of acknowledgments.
An acknowledgment must not be taken by any officer unless he knows or has satisfactory evidence, that the person making it is the person described in and who executed such instrument.

Art

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 10/13/05 3:35pm
Msg #70320

The other 3 Id mean nothing only that the were born and could get a credit card. It must be a state or federal picture ID. The drivers license could be used if it just recently became out of date with a look alike picture.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/13/05 7:58pm
Msg #70386

Re: Expired Drivers License in NY - UPDATE!!

Thank you both for your responses. I spoke with the Dept of Licensing up in Albany this afternoon to check on this. They said that I could use the expired license as long as the picture resembled the person. It does not matter how long it has expired as long as it looks like the person!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.