Notary Rotary
FL Only--Certified Copies of Mtg
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by DM_FL on 10/19/05 3:08pm
Msg #71226

Title company overnighted 4 copies of mtg in package. One has "Recording Original" stamped on the first page. One has no additional wording stamped on it. Two of them are stamped "Certified True Copy" on the first page. I know that Florida law doesn't allow for certifying copies of public records. How do you handle these situations? Do you let the borrower sign and simply refrain from notarizing the copies? I left a message with the Govenor's Notary Section, but they haven't replied yet? TIA

Reply by Tina_MA on 10/19/05 3:16pm
Msg #71228

You are not the one that is certifying the copy. You are only notarizing four copies of the same document.

Someone at the title co or the mortgage co will sign off on the extra notarized mortgages as being certified.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/19/05 3:24pm
Msg #71229

You're not certifying, you are witnessing and notarizing the signaure of the borrower

Reply by DM_FL on 10/19/05 3:32pm
Msg #71232

Thanks Tina and Charm. I feel much better about it now. I've actually had a title co send 2 mortgages before wanting both notarized and one stamped as "certified" by me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.