Notary Rotary
FYI Rosh Hashonnah Starts Sundown Monday Oct 3
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Signing_Doc on 10/2/05 12:24am
Msg #68348

L' Shena Tovah to all my Mischpocha out there. If you are called for a sigining Monday, be sure you can finish before sundown, whereever you are. Have a Happy New Year, a Good New Year, and may G-d inscribe you in the book of life!....Shmuel...aka The Signing Doc Las Vegas NV

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 10/2/05 1:55am
Msg #68349

What a joy to find you post! My husband and I have just finished a study of this most important event. Though we are not Jewish, we intend upholding these important days.
Shalom!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/2/05 8:50am
Msg #68352

"may G-d inscribe you in the book of life"

very enlightening to read your post; however, God is not a bad word.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 10/2/05 9:48am
Msg #68353

"... however, God is not a bad word.". You are right, G-d is not a bad word, HOWEVER the name of G-d is so HOLY that we do not write the full name in print. Because doing so, makes THAT piece of paper (or whatever) HOLY because of G-d's name on it. For example, if a Torah is being written and the name of G-d is mispelled in it, the entire Torah is buried because it is not permissible to erase the name of G-d. So, by placing the name on a posting (or paper), that paper can't be just wadded up and thrown away. It must be buried in a cemetary. So, the tradition amoung most observant Jews is to abbreviate the name such as I have to avoid this problem. I didn't want to get into a religious discussion, however I hope this helps you understand. To my friends from Ca who are studying the holidays, you are welcome. We are Messianic Jews. We are Jews that believe that Jeshua Ha Masheach is our saviour. You know him by his non Jewish name of Jesus. You will be further blessed if you find a good Messianic synagogue in your area. If you have any questions further, feel free to write me. Again to all, have a good year. Shalom Shmuli

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/2/05 11:47am
Msg #68359

Thanks for that...signing doc

I've always wondered why Jews wrote "G-d". I knew they didn't want to spell it out (that seemed obvious) but never knew the why....now I do.

I have several thoughts on your original post. I admire the hell out of anyone that is true to their own convictions and states them without fear of politically correctness, that is if they can also support them (that's a general statement...not particular to religion). I LOVE it that I can do so...whether on this board, or just because I live in this country.

I LOVE it that different opinions show up on this board...and are debated, without rancor...and if people get educated in the process, isn't that great? I've disagreed with many...and manage to "get into it" with posters here ....yet I still respect their views and admire them for at least having an opinion...regardless of whether I walk away muttering...oh well, you're entitled to be wrong.... or they cause me to think.

Typically, I end up respecting those who disagree me on some things...as long as its done well...and with a name.

It's meanness, "smarminess", or superiority without humor, particularly in the form of "anonymous"...that sends me into outer space. For those...they deserve what they get.

The point of this? I'm just waiting...knowing...it WILL happen...some "anonymi" will come forward and say something stupid like..."this board is a professional forum, not intended for religion" "Please post your religious views elsewhere"....or better yet...."Harry states in his rules not to post in regard to religion, politics, etc." I PROMISE you it will happen.....and I'm waiting....thesaurus handy...typing speed polished to 90 wpm...let me at 'em....okay you get the point.

Without advocating changing the focus of the forum, because it shouldn't be changed - I loved your post, and admire your convictions. Thanks for the education.

Reply by Rebecca_TN on 10/2/05 12:20pm
Msg #68361

Re: Thanks for that...signing doc

Very well said! I also learned something from the posting. It is always a good day when you learn.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/2/05 3:14pm
Msg #68376

Re: Thanks for that...signing doc - Ditto! n/m

Reply by Cheryl_NV on 10/2/05 10:16am
Msg #68355

Happy New Year to you to.

Reply by Iris_WA on 10/2/05 12:09pm
Msg #68360

L'Shana Tovah to all who observe .... N/M

Reply by Carrie Goodman on 10/2/05 6:04pm
Msg #68385

L'Shana Tovah to all who observe ....Ditto

Signing doc is such a mensh. If I didn't already have a nice jewish boy I would run to Las Vegas and meet him, although I'm sure he's taken. And an easy fast to all my colleagues next week.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 10/2/05 11:20pm
Msg #68446

Re: L'Shana Tovah to all who observe ....Ditto

Have a Happy and Great New Year!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.