Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Fed Ex didnt drop package because of signature required...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 10/25/05 1:47pm
Msg #72233

The loan needs to sign today, and drop package just before pick up time today!

I called fed ex to see if they could re deliver it today ontime.

Anybody have this happenend to you and did fed ex came back the same day?

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 10/25/05 2:08pm
Msg #72236

Yes, I had it happen once and they did come back. It was delivered later in the afternoon and I had to move the time out with the borrower but she was very understanding. I also signed a release with Fed-Ex so they will drop packages whether I'm home to sign or not. Good luck!

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 10/25/05 2:58pm
Msg #72250

I had the same experience with FedX and just signed their form and everything is dropped with out a signature. I hope they do the same for in your area. Good luck.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 10/25/05 2:11pm
Msg #72237

Tip for future reference..

You might be able to pick it up at the FEDEX office.
Usually they will not re-deliver until the next day
Sender of the docs should have set up for no sig reqd
Call necessary parties and let them know what is happening
Will probably be ok to drop dox on Wed
I keep a covered plastic bin on my front porch
Laminated note on top telling Fedex/UPS/ DHL that I have releases
on file with their companies and that they should leave the pkg in
the box and that I will assume resposiblilty
for the pkg.
If you live in a bldg with a lobby , you might want to call fedex,ups
etc and tell them to hold all of your pkgs @ thier office for you to
pick up. THey will usually be available first thing in the AM
Docs are done printing and I am outahere
GO WHITE SOX

Reply by Anonymous on 10/25/05 2:46pm
Msg #72247

Re: Tip for future reference..

Does anyone use places like The UPS Store to get docs delivered?

What I would do it this happened is call FedEx, or go down to the terminal. Find out where the driver is located and where they are heading. Then I would drive and meet them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/25/05 3:23pm
Msg #72257

Re: Fed Ex didnt drop package because of signature required.

Yes it has happened (even when the signature waiver was signed). All I've ever been told is that they *might* be able to redeliver it the same day, but it's never actually happened. I also have a signature waiver on file with Fed Ex, but it has still happened and always ends up being a huge pain in the butt. And it's even worse when it happens with UPS.

If it's not already back at a location where you can pick it up, save yourself the grief and reschedule the signing for tomorrow.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/25/05 7:54pm
Msg #72307

Re: FEDEX - read 71298 re: signature required N/M

Reply by Art_MD on 10/25/05 7:55pm
Msg #72309

Re: Oops, make that 72198 N/M

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 10/25/05 8:33pm
Msg #72313

Re: Why FedX won't leave pckg if signature required.

Q: Will FedX leave a package if send requires signature if you have signature on file?

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. Even if you have a signature on file with the station, and packages have been left before without any problems, if the sender requires a signature the courier can't leave the package without a signature--if they value their job that is. It happened to me. When I got home one day to find a door hanger telling me a signature was required and the package was at the station, by the time I got to the station (a 40 minutes drive in the opposite direction of the signing) I was ready to really ream somebody. I got a polite apology for the hassle, and then was politely told "Keep in mind we are providing a service for the sender, not you the receiver, and that signature is proof to the sender we did our job." This policy was confirmed by both husband (Sr. Manager at FedX--I thought he could maybe pull rank this one time, but he couldn't) and the 800 customer service.

And as far as meeting the driver to get the package, that may not work either. Goes back to the idea of providing a service of delivering a package to a certain address. If anybody other than the sender requests that the point of delivery be changed, the sender may need to give their approval.

Reply by Nate_MN on 10/26/05 3:03pm
Msg #72466

Re: Why FedX won't leave pckg if signature required.

I think it's going to be a very rare occasion that the driver would not let you meet them and pick up the package. I worked for FedEx for many years and our drivers did that, and I have done it while working as a notary, and trying to get a package that was sent to the wrong address (my home verses Mail Boxes Etc.)

If FedEx will not allow that clearly you would find that out when you called. Trying to meet the truck and pick up you package (provided the truck is reasonably close to you) beats sitting at home and wondering how you are going to get the closing done.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.