Notary Rotary
Great American Title--Las Vegas???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by DM_FL on 10/4/05 2:59pm
Msg #68807

I just got a call for a last-minute signing. I did a search and came up with nothing. Any feedback on this company?

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 10/4/05 5:14pm
Msg #68840

It took me months to get paid! They finally did, but it was not worth the headaches. They go thru staff rather swiftly, and no one knows whats going on half the time. I would NOT work for them again. I do not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Reply by DM_FL on 10/4/05 6:13pm
Msg #68851

I agree with you on the headache part. I just finished the signing. They had the nerve to tell me that, if I wouldn't notarize the extra notary certificates they included, they would not use me again. I told them that Florida law specifically prohibits that and that it's not worth losing my commission over. She was dumbfounded that I said it to her so nicely. Then, they called me back wanting to know why I wanted a legal description. I kindly--once again--explained that Florida law requires that all attachments mentioned in the document to be attached before I could notarize it. She said o.k., but as she was hanging up, I heard her say to someone else in the office that they definitely wouldn't be using me again. Personally, I say good riddance and none too soon. I'm just glad that I charged them my maximum fee because it was last minute. Now, I'll have to see how many calls I have to put in to actually get paid. :-(

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/4/05 11:27pm
Msg #68898

DM_FL - I'm glad to hear that you do the right thing. Good for you. Doing your job correctly will not hurt your business, despite what some companies will tell you. Keep up the good work.

Reply by DM_FL on 10/5/05 1:55pm
Msg #68998

Thanks Becca. They were insistent that no other notaries had a problem doing what they wanted.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.