Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
How many of you work every night of the week, and how late?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by BetsyMI on 10/27/05 12:07pm
Msg #72661

I am perfectly willing to make same day appointments but inevitably the edocs arrive late, as you are all aware. I will gladly take appointments at 4p, 5p, 6p, 7p, which means I'm willing to work until about 8pm. But when the edocs arrive at 7p, or way past the appointment time, it means I don't see the borrower until 8 or 9p, finishing at 10p or so....which is something I've wanted to avoid.

Do you not all mind working until midnight, which it sounds like a lot of you do?

Reply by Cari_MO on 10/27/05 12:19pm
Msg #72664

So far this week I have gotten home 10 pm or later. I do closings full time.
I just received a call for one tonight at 9:15 pm. The late nights are usually the eom crazies !! Rest of the month I am in by 7:30 PM. I do a large % of my closings in late afternoon and evenings 3PM to 7PM. Hope that helps. Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 10/27/05 12:28pm
Msg #72668

I only do evenings or weekends at this time. I have been out as late as 11 PM...doesn't bother me at all though. When the signings are out of town I get home pretty late, too. Bring em on!!!!!

Reply by Roger_OH on 10/27/05 12:32pm
Msg #72669

This is a service business, and there are numerous situations that don't fit into a "normal" day/evening. I offer 24-hour availability, and my flexibility is appreciated by my customers, who are more than willing to pay additional for that convenience.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/27/05 12:33pm
Msg #72670

I'm part time. Try and schedule early evening except for EOM. Take what I can then. I'm lucky in that I can sometimes print docs at my full time job - catch the closing on way home. Also, my wife can print docs at home and have them ready for me to run.
It's part of the business that we have screw-ups, late docs etc. Once you have a good "client list", you'll have a feel for how the client works. Its the late calls from TC/SSs that you don't work for regularly that seem to cause the majority of problems.

Odd/bad hours at times is one of the costs of being your own boss.

One of the things I try to do is read info on this site re: companies I've never worked for before. That way if I get a call while on the road, I have a chance of remembering if its a deadbeat company or a good one. Memory isn't alway good, but sometimes it helps.

Art

Reply by Mike_NJ on 10/27/05 12:36pm
Msg #72671

The only late night for me is EOM. I've been lucky with most appointments, I avg 3/per day between 9am - 5pm and 2/per day between 5-8 pm and they are local so I'm done by 9pm.

Most days I'm back home by 7:30-8pm.

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/27/05 1:13pm
Msg #72677

I have a full+time day job and most of the signings I am offered are for evenings. It seems that lately they are later and later. Last night's signing was for a woman who would not be home from work until 9:30pm... she really got there at 10pm... had a few calls to LO... I was home at midnight then back to day job at 8am! The late nights are getting old (and so am I!) ;)
Oh... it did pay very well though.

Reply by HDW_TN37323 on 10/27/05 1:23pm
Msg #72683

Had a 3:00am last year. Both borrowers worked second shift and that was there near evening meal time. They cx'd at the last minute (2:00pm that day) so I slept.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/27/05 1:25pm
Msg #72684

I have had work every night this month...the latest one was at 9:30. I had an 8pm signing the other night and walked in the door at 10:45...yawn
I can't believe I have the day off! Back to the salt mines tomorrow.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 10/27/05 6:03pm
Msg #72741

Re: How many of you work every night of the week, and how la

I have had a 10 pm signing every night this week. I have also had one Midnight signing. Never a hassle on my fee from the company hiring me. By taking the last minute signings, I can make more money and work less. A word of caution, though. Know who you are working for. I don't do last minute signings for compaines who are listed on this and other boards as low, slow or no payers. For my regulars that pay well I drop what I am doing and do the signing unless I am already busy with one.

Reply by PMA_NJ on 10/27/05 10:26pm
Msg #72786

Re: How many of you work every night of the week, and how la

My latest/earliest was at 3AM an hour away from home. Both borrowers were pharmacists who worked alternating shifts. I was BEAT that day..... but the paycheck was S W E E T!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.