Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Huge Loan Packages!! What's up with that ?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Cari_MO on 10/19/05 1:13pm
Msg #71206

I have now in the same week had HUGE loan packages. I ask the size when they set the appointment and I get I don't know from the signing service (Premier Lender Service) Now I get the docs emailed for their closing tonight. To find out how huge the e-docs will be. 142 pages 1st mtg and 120 pages 2nd mortgage. And that is without customers copy. So I talk to the company to advise them my fee will increase to $220.00 due to size of e-docs. I was only getting $130.00 (way to low) to start with on a 1st and 2nd and 20 miles 1 way. They said they will find another notary. I advise that would be fine !!

This was my 1st closing with the company. This appointment first set for yesterday and was canceled 2 hours before closing. And of course I turned down 2 other closings yesterday because my time slot was filled !!)(*(!^%%!& Now this !*$#&( Do they not know we have expenses. I have a family to feed. This is my full time job.

Just venting. Smiley

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/19/05 1:17pm
Msg #71209

I agree I've had some huge packages lately too. When they tell me "oh only about 90 pages" and then I get the file and see that it's much more, I've called back to increase my fee and usually they'll agree to it. But I've not asked for an additional $90 as you did. I would easily have asked for another $50-60 though. I think your original fee for a 1st and 2nd with edocs was too low to begin with, so asking for another $90 may have put them off.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/19/05 1:26pm
Msg #71210

I think you could have turned this situation from a negative into a positive. A $90 increase just for e-doc size IS too much of a jump, especially for an SS. A double signing with edocs could have been accomplished (even from an SS) for a more reasonable $175, and you keep the business. Not to say sell yourself short, but each signing is a case-by-case negotiation. In this case, you may have been better off to have 80% of something rather than the 100% of nothing you ended up with, and you have maintained the relationship. You came out even worse for the 2 you turned away, something I would not have done. Assuming that the geography is reasonable, I would have taken the other appointments and adjusted the times with the borrowers an hour or so either way. Most are readily flexible and it often works out better for them.

Reply by Cari_MO on 10/19/05 1:44pm
Msg #71212

Thanks for the information. Why Anonymous ? It is ok to state what you think. I had back to back appointments 4 closings and had no room for any others until they canceled. It would not have worked to adjust. They had 6 hours to find another notary. The conversation was very professional and friendly. This ss just is not a fit. And that is ok.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 10/19/05 5:30pm
Msg #71259

You must be getting the edocs well in advance to be resceduling times to fit in additional signings.
I had a signing today at 3pm, didn't get the final edoc until 3:15 and I had to call 3 times to get that. Then I was on the road and got the call that it was cancelled. Should I be gratful for the $25 they agreed to pay me for the edocs?

Reply by twil4_WI on 10/19/05 8:35pm
Msg #71285

i love reading these! i dont feel so bad then. i just had one that i actually agreed to take for $65, it was way, way past where they said it was, out in the boondocks so far, i thought i should abandon my van and grab a donkey and at least have an exhaust system left! First a big quality control fax back, then out there, while i wait for them to hook up their scanner out of the box to give me license copies, then there is one of those new "statements of information" that all my borrowers are howling about, for them to fill out with names of all their ex's, their kids ss#s, and all kinds of personal info that equates to a new application while i sit there steaming while they look up their last 10 addresses, then a huge pile of fax backs, so i had to come back to my office instead of drop off at fed ex while driving right by on the way back. i never slip like this. i must have been asleep at the wheel when i accepted "all they would pay" on this one. from now on its my usual $75 for signing less than 100 pages, $25 more for edocs, $15 for faxbacks,$15 for split packages and $25 more if its over 35 miles one way! these huge honkers ive had lately with the tons of notarizations to give me carpel tunnel. it really helps to hear others "stories from the trenches"

Reply by Cari_MO on 10/19/05 9:02pm
Msg #71292

You win !

Reply by Nashnotary on 10/19/05 8:40pm
Msg #71286

You make me feel glad I turned down one today because of the low fee

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.