Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I know we can use other states Ack's, but what about jurats?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by O/CNotary on 10/31/05 8:58pm
Msg #73310

Just our own in Calif???

Reply by Jon on 10/31/05 9:32pm
Msg #73313

Re: I know we can use other states Ack's, but what about jur

Ca law does not mention the use of other states jurats. Since Ca now has prescribed wording for jurats, I would only use Ca grown jurats.

Reply by DellaCa on 10/31/05 10:30pm
Msg #73315

In Ca. we must use our Ca wording for both Acks and Jurats

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/31/05 10:34pm
Msg #73316

Whatever form you use, acknowledgements or jurats, it must conform to California law. The 2005 handbook states: "A notary public may complete an acknowledgment form required in another state or jurisdiction of the United States
on documents to be filed in that other state or jurisdiction, provided the form does not require the notary public to determine or certify that the signer holds a particular representative capacity or to make other determinations and certifications not allowed by California law."
I would also apply that to jurats, when I receive a jurat that is unlike California jurats, I set it aside and use my own.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 11/1/05 12:30am
Msg #73330

Notaries in Calif mustattach our 2005 Jurat verbiage wording

We can use the ACK verbiage for other states if the property is located in another state, but we must in Calif use our 2005 Jurat verbiage for all properties. As John said above we must conform to Calif law and not certify that the signer hold a particular representative capacity/etc for ACK.

Jurats starting in 2005 are completely different; we must use our Jurat verbiage for all notary work for both Calif and our other 49 States.

Calif Notaries buy a 2005 Jurat Stamp!

I think, because we are the only State, which requires us to either personally know the signer or get satisfactory evidence (which means I.D.) Calif. notaries are in for a very long period of time where we are crossing out the Jurat vebiage that the 49 other states require for a Jurat and which is illegal for Calif Notaries to use since Jan. 2005.

We are going to a Different Drumer!!

When I do a loan signing since, Jan. 2005, I place my commission seal and my Jurat stamp on the table when I do loan signings because I know I will be using both

Reply by Kelly M Robertson on 11/1/05 6:57pm
Msg #73514

I'm With YOU Joanie!

You know, my backyard is always, always "clean" because I always use my state's notarial verbage. Might as well get used to it -- the Jurat for 2005 and most definately, the ACK for 2006. When in doubt - just leave it out! I also like the KISS principle (Keep it Simple, Stupid). ox

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.