I'm done....Companies fair warning
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/10/05 9:25am
Msg #69687

I've decided that no longer will I:

* advise the companies (title, ss, etc) that they made a mistake should the docs be drawn the wrong way.
My consulting fee is now an EXTRA charge that I WILL list/quote when accepting assignments.
My roll is NSA, which can be taken like this: NSA - Not Say Anything or rather how I do MY job...identify and witness borrower signature and breifly explain docs by hitting on the major componants. If they want me to be a proof-reader, recognize errors and advise them on it, that is now an additional charge for consulting. This isn't including the misspelled name or county, etc. It's for the docs that are drawn for a borrower that states single individual and they are married, etc. NOT MY PROBLEM that title couldn't do their job right. NOT my problem if LO didn't do their job when borrower sent copy of marriage certificate and they checked single on loan application. I'm taking the 2nd trip fee for their discovery when the deal isn't correct.

* No longer will I let them know there is a spouse if one "appears" at the table and they have made no reference in docs, etc. ( As far as I know they are a friend, sibling or ???, why ask if they are okay with someoen sitting in on their signing)

* No longer will I save a signing for the ungrateful pisshead loan officer that decides he knows more than I do and tells me how to do my job when in fact I caught the mistake and called for ok to fix and still got no Thank you for doing it.

This is for the reason that when I do "save" the signing because I know what I'm doing, know my state laws and know how to calm down an angry borrower I have no appreciation from the company, the loan officer, etc. for it.
It amazes the hell out of me that I work for a company for years, save their butt for the numerous errors to the docs because soemoen isn't doing their job, etc, save the deal because the borrower is upset that it's been such a hassle and then have the LO call and think they are going to educate me on my job and I say something about the LO's actions and I'm the bad guy and not doing their stuff anymore????
Someone else can deal with them because they don't want to hear the truth and need someone to kiss their ass and stroke their ego. I don't do that and I'm not starting. They are always late on getting docs, cancel at the last minute or reschedule at the last minute and you'll have to deal with LO's thinking they know what you do. (when in fact they don't know what THEY do) And if they get you to sign their contract they will negotiate the fee they pay you to $125 or less. It's $100 for a 1st (edocs) and $25 for the second.
Any takers since the packages are 90+ pages (usually 121 pages) and they wont get their until after your closing time or just 20 mins before.

Anyone want the headache?

(If asking why dealt with it.....I liked working with the people on the end that understood the headaches. Became friends and it's just now done when the Lo's and managers would've felt differently if they lost all the deals and thought they weren't as great as they thought. Well, that will happen now and we'll see what they think.)

thank for letting me vent and state the new policy.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 9:43am
Msg #69688

Ditto

Signing service pays $85.00 for edocs. Had to get that approved wanted to pay $65.00. Docs arrived shortly before closing despite repeated calls and the initial promise of at least two hours in advance. Some of the scans were way far to the right some parts of the documents got cut off. The client never noticed. I just let it go. I am not double checking 150 pages intimately on last minute deals for low money. They can re-Fedex non notarized documents to the client and have them resign. I am done.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 1:50pm
Msg #69726

While your venting

If the docs are wrong just have them sign what is neccessary and return to agency. Let them send you out again with the corrected docs. Don't complain just do what they ask you. No more. It isn't your job. You were only hired to sign docs not do their job. Relax do YOUR job. Enjoy it don't let it get toyou. Good luck.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 2:59pm
Msg #69739

Re: While your venting

I do and they the signing company that sent the docs late at the time the client was suppose to sign and I am printing at lightening speed calls up and says that I should have called them so they could have rescanned and sent those pages. I am to print, check all 150 pages and be at the clients at the same time to cover their ass!

Reply by Janel Nichols on 10/10/05 2:46pm
Msg #69734

This may seem like a stupid question....but how are you to give companies fair warning if you are Anonymous?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 2:51pm
Msg #69735

Good question

Reply by Anonymous on 10/10/05 4:14pm
Msg #69753

Thank you for writing this truth! Most signing agents take any abuse and go back for more. I wonder where their self respect is? You have to know when to say Enough.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.