Notary Rotary
Illinois Notaries
Notary Discussion History

Illinois Notaries
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by sharon powers on 10/18/05 10:16pm
Msg #71118

Illinois Notaries

I have recently moved to the northwest suburbs of chicago from pa. what do i need to do to be an independant notary like i was in pa.???? i understand this is an attorney state. i would appreciate any info necessary. thank you so much for any input you can suppy to me.

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/18/05 10:39pm
Msg #71124

Illinois is not an attorney state.
The law says you must be a Title Company, Title Agent or Independent Escrowee to conduct closings\signings in the state.

If you want clarification on the requirements then contact the IL Dept of Professional Regulation, Title Insurance Division.

There are many Notaries in the state that work illegally.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/19/05 9:30am
Msg #71175

Paul are you any of those you listed??? Just curious. Since you are telling other notaries what they should be. I thought that law wasn't pass yet?

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/19/05 11:46am
Msg #71200

I am a Title Agent. The law has always been in effect but had not been strictly enforced till a few years ago. So I am not sure where you got that the law had not been passed yet. Contact ILDPR, Title Insurance Division and you will get the specifics.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/19/05 5:53pm
Msg #71264

how did you become a title agent?

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/19/05 11:20pm
Msg #71340

So where in Illinois are you located? And why are you hiding behind Anonymous?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.