Notary Rotary
Info needed on how to start a signing agency
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/20/05 4:23pm
Msg #71529

I need someone to help educate me or point me in the right direction regarding what it takes to start up my own signing agency.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 4:44pm
Msg #71535

Read the message board!

Don't bother us! All the information you need is here. Just hit the orange search button and read. If you're too lazy to read you don't belong in this business.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/20/05 4:57pm
Msg #71542

Re: Read the message board!

Reply by LilyMD on 10/20/05 4:58pm
Msg #71543

Re: Read the message board! for Anonymous

Sorry, wrong key. Please, anonymous, don't refer to "us" when posting. Your lack of compassion and manners does not describe "us."

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/20/05 5:01pm
Msg #71547

Ditto Here LilyMD

Reply by ChristoferIL on 10/21/05 12:42am
Msg #71627

Hi LilyMD

I'm the original anon that was asking for the assistance. I just want to say Thank you! your reply to the second anon, and your disposition is truly appreciated!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/21/05 8:35am
Msg #71662

state of Illinois does not allow signing companies to open up shop in the state.

Reply by ChristoferIL on 10/22/05 9:31am
Msg #71874

Thanks for the info! I'm going to call the office monday morning to inquire, not that I don't believe you, will you tell me where you receive your info from, maybe that's the place that I need to call?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 5:05pm
Msg #71548

LilyMD and SLP_VA

Won't include you in the "us" as requested. But if I was wrong, why didn't provide the original poster with the information requested.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/20/05 5:07pm
Msg #71549

Can't provide info I don't have...duh.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 5:08pm
Msg #71551

Re: Can't provide info I don't have...duh.

Why not go on a Signing Service board why on a Signing Agents?

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 10/20/05 5:11pm
Msg #71552

Maybe the original question is wrong...

Good point about going to a Signing Service board, but if this is a new person what he or she really wants to know is how to start as a signing agent and is phrasing the question incorrectly which could be why the Anon was so annoyed when he or she posted their response about searching.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/20/05 5:17pm
Msg #71554

Re: Sorry...MaggieMae

there's no excuse for bad manners.

Reply by Brenda Miranda on 10/20/05 5:27pm
Msg #71555

Re: Can't provide info I don't have...duh.

Anon,
You seem angry and if you intend to be rude to anyone who asks a question, here's one for you: Why do you use Anonymous, are you afraid to identify yourself?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 11:51pm
Msg #71612

I'm a new agent and I'm new to this website, so I thought this was the place to reach out to my fellow colleagues for direction! To answer your question; you are one of the reasons I am in this business. Simply judging from your asinine reply, it is safe to assume the type of person you are, and the type of professional you are not!!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 10/21/05 12:18am
Msg #71619

My original message was not directed to the first anon (the original poster of the message asking for help) it was directed to the second anon (the second person posting that stated new people do not have a right to be here or ask for help). This is a forum, the purpose of a forum is to discuss topics or ask questions. What gives you the right to tell somebody to leave everyone alone and that they should not be here. What should not be here is your attitude, you could always take that somewhere else.
Brenda M./CA

Reply by ChristoferIL on 10/21/05 12:35am
Msg #71625

Brenda/CA your disposition was truly appreciated! I am the first anon that was asking for assistance. Just to keep things clear, I am not using anonymous any longer. I don't want to be confused with the unprofessional! Thanks Brenda/CA

Reply by Brenda/CA on 10/21/05 12:47am
Msg #71628

Christofer,
This is a forum and you have the right to make a post if you want to give information, or ask a question. The second anon was being rude, if he did not want to help then he should not have answered. If the question you were asking was starting as a signing agent then you can click on the blue tab above that says signing services, there you will find a list of agencies you can sign up with. You can also use your internets search engine to look for signing services, mortgage companies, title companies, etc. Print some lists and visit their websites, most of the sites will have a notary sign-up section, if they do not you can search for their address and nail them an introduction letter to introduce yourself. I was new a new certified notary signing agent six months ago, and thank goodness everybody that responed to my questions were nice. I have since listed with numerous companies, and completed quite a bit of signings. I wish you the best of luck.
Brenda M.

Reply by ChristoferIL on 10/21/05 1:15am
Msg #71632

Brenda

Thanks for the info that you provided, I will do as you instructed! What I was asking is how do one start their own Business (signing service agency).

Thanks again!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/21/05 12:19am
Msg #71620

Re: Read the message board! I'm tired of this answer!

Good one! I am so sick of this bickering from the so called "oldies" who have no patience, no manners, yes offer good advice at times, but spend far too much time blasting people and thinking they are funny. There are new people to this forum everyday and quite honestly, if they ask a legitimate question, they deserve a legitimate answer. If you have no answer, don't respond. There is no reason just to blast a person and call them names and insult them for asking something any new person asks.

I am tired of skimming through posts hoping to find a decent answer when one after another is a stab at someone. ANd no, don't tell me just don't have to read it. I keep hoping that one of the posts I go into will have a decent answer. I should know by now that the lengthy numerous posts seem to be the ones that people type horrible insults I guess for the sake of just wanting to poke fun and not offer any advice, experience or the like. But I still cannot figure out what they get out of doing just that. Do you treat your family, friends, clients the same rude way? How many times have you been asked by a client the same question asked by numerous other clients. Do you respond the same way and blast them!?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.