Notary Rotary
Input needed
Notary Discussion History

Input needed
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Tennessee on 10/29/05 12:05pm
Msg #73012

Input needed

This a.m. I did a HELOC, great borrowers, very well informed, smooth signing. My question is this: Enclosed in the package was a blank all purpose ack that the lender wanted filled out. I had everything I needed, this was "extra". I did not feel comfortable notarizing a certificate that I had no idea what it would be attached to so I simply did nothing with it. The borrowers too were skeptical about it as they questioned me about the "blank form" with no docs attached. (Very Very knowledgeable borrowers). Am I going to live to regret this?

Reply by Nd_WA on 10/29/05 12:12pm
Msg #73015

The blank certificate was included for your convenience by some TC, don't use it if you don't need it.

Reply by Roger_OH on 10/29/05 12:30pm
Msg #73016

Don't EVER complete and return a blank ack!

Reply by Tennessee on 10/29/05 12:37pm
Msg #73017

TY Roger, that's what I wanted to hear!

I left out an important bullet, on my instructions I was to fill this out. I have dropped the pkg. but I wouldn't change my decision regardless as this seems like a mindless request that I had no intention of fulfilling. I notified the SS company and I'm not going to argue it with the lender. I remembered reading several posts about this identical situation but of course once you're in the field referring back to the archieves is not an option, at least for me. My Commission is first and foremost with me but I just needed that gentle nudge from my peers to insure I don't do alot of second guessing. Thank you again for answering, much appreciated.

Reply by Jules on 10/29/05 12:50pm
Msg #73019

Re: Blank acknowledgment in package

I just write on the form " Illegal to complete unless attached to a document" and return it that way with the documents.

Maybe this will help stop the illegal requests.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/29/05 1:37pm
Msg #73022

Re: Blank acknowledgment in package

The last time this was requested of me by a lender it was someone whom I have done several assignments for. When I asked why I was told that it was required for funding. Then the lo said "you know what I am only saying what I was told to say and I really don't know notorial law". So I explained the illegality of it. Then she understood and agreed with me. Although I am sure that there are those who are counting on us not knowing the law and want a loose cert. I'm sure many a newbie has complied because they are afraid to upset a new client and haven't thought it through. You know the law, good job sticking with it.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/29/05 6:10pm
Msg #73040

Re: Blank acknowledgment in package - keep it

I've accumulated quite a few blansk. Use them when I need them. Copied the one with the space for doc name, # of pages etc. and for CA, it has the finger print area.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.