Notary Rotary
Is it ethical...
Notary Discussion History

Is it ethical...
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/20/05 3:12pm
Msg #71508

Is it ethical...

to contact the mortgage company to find our when a closing funded in order to get the ss to pay you. I guess what I mean is to get this info to have the leverage of saying to the ss, look I know it funded, there was nothing wrong with the closing according to the Mortgage CO, pay me my fee!!!!!

Reply by Paul_IL on 10/20/05 3:15pm
Msg #71510

Try checking with your county recorders office to see if the DOT or Mortgage has been recorded.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 10/20/05 4:08pm
Msg #71526

Did you sign a contract with the SS?

Most companies have a policy that the notary agrees not to contact the TC or lender. If you signed something like that you could be in breach of contract. Checking to see if the DOT is recorded is a better idea. If you don't care about getting business from the SS again, you can contact the lender. It'll probably guarantee that you never work for them again.

If they're stiffing you, you won't be anyway. If they're slow pay, you may want to in the future. Do you know what their payment policy is and if they are still within the timeline?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.