Notary Rotary
LOOKING FOR GOOD SIGNING AGENTS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:03am
Msg #72590

I dont normally do this but I have been coming across so many experienced agents on here that I thought I would give it a shot...We are looking for qualified agents in the following counties/areas:

FLORIDA
Sarasota, Collier, Dade, Broward, Orange, Seminole, Pinellas, Taylor, Bradford, Calhoun, Columbia, Nassau, Dixie, Escambia, Okeechobee, Clay, St. Johns, Franklin and Leon

other states: COLORADO, MARYLAND, OHIO, NEW JERSEY, ILLINOIS, NORTH CAROLINA

Our goal is to build a relationship with the agents that we work with. We pay twice per month. Our normal rate of pay is: $100 for edocs (single), $75 overnight (single).

If you are interested in applying, please visit our website at www.slbsigningservices.com.

Thanks guys. We look forward to hearing from you!

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/27/05 9:15am
Msg #72591

Get your butt in ALABAMA!!! ....n/m

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:18am
Msg #72592

Re: Get your butt in ALABAMA!!! ....n/m

LOL...I wish...Gotta get some clients who work there first but as soon as I do, you will be the first I call Charm...

Reply by LawrenceOK on 10/27/05 9:29am
Msg #72594

Sherry, I took a look at your webpage, I noticed that on the completion report you have an area for mileage. I was just curious to what you allow for mileage. And your fees appear fair also. To bad your not in Oklahoma yet. My only problem is your cell phone requirement. I personally would respectfully request that you call my office to schedule a signing.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:32am
Msg #72595

We usually call whatever number you prefer us to call. As for the mileage, we have that on ther because if for some reason (i.e. additional trips, etc) there are more miles involved thatn originally anticipated, we can go back to our client and request compensation for the closer

Reply by Art_MD on 10/27/05 9:35am
Msg #72596

Re: Why NNA certification?

It's a shame you require NNA certification. If I am correct, they don't have a certification program for Maryland.

You also should have the requirement that MD SAs be licensed title producers. That's the law.

Art

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:37am
Msg #72599

At the time that page was created, we were only working in the State of FL...If they do not have a cert program in MD, we obviously would not require you to be certified.....I will have my computer guru John change the wording as soon as we have time

Reply by JD_inMD on 10/27/05 9:37am
Msg #72600

LOL you beat me to it Art. Was gonna say I guess I dont qualify because I'm not NNA certified.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:47am
Msg #72608

We are changing the wording to say "Where applicable, must be NNA certified"... There have been quite a few times when we have used closers who were not NNA certified after interviewing them and seeing that they were knowledgeable. However, we have this on our website to help to weed out all the riff raff that we get from website inquiries.

Reply by ColleenCA on 10/27/05 9:48am
Msg #72609

Re:When in CA, give me a holler!!! n/m

Reply by srnotary_CA on 10/27/05 9:49am
Msg #72610

Re: Re:When in CA, give me a holler!!! n/m

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 9:50am
Msg #72611

Re: Re:When in CA, give me a holler!!! n/m

I can't seem to get any business in CA...still working on it though

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/27/05 9:54am
Msg #72612

Re: Re:When in VA, give me a holler!!! :)

Also, when in VA. Call me up sometime! I received a call from your office Tuesday. I was sorry I couldn't help that night! I was solid booked! Heard so many good things about your company!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/28/05 6:03am
Msg #72819

I have a major problem with your "must be NNA certified" as a qualification. Just this week, I had two NNA Certified Signing Agents work with me for title closings. They had to be let go as they really did not know what they were doing, and their people skills were just terrible. (At month end, we just don't have the time to train them. We expect them to know what to do and jump right in.) Another signing agent has the basics covered pretty well, but is lacking in experience. A little bit of 'real world training' and he'll do just fine.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/28/05 9:53am
Msg #72848

Sherry,
I agree with Paul. Although I am NNA certified, when my 2-year certification expries, I'm not going to re-certify by taking the test once again and giving the NNA any more of my money. The on-line test doesn't have a time limit, is open book and you can stop and come back at a later date, as many times as you want within a 30-day period, if I remember correctly. Many of the test questions can and have even be posted here for the answers. Anyone can be *book smart* but actual hands-on and a little common sense can be better. IMO, if you really want to see if someone knows what they are doing, ask them 3-5 *test* questions when initially callilng for a signing.

Reply by TLR_KY on 10/27/05 9:54am
Msg #72613

Already working for you in KY but if you have anymore don't hesitate to call. Your truly on my wife Laura and mine "Love to Work For" list. Have a great day and good luck.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 10:01am
Msg #72615

My goodness SLP and TLR..thank you for the compliments. It truly means so much in this industry to get some positive feedback...I am sure you can relate. Have a great day and we look forward to continuing to work with both of you!

Reply by cmd_NH on 10/27/05 10:53am
Msg #72637

I just signed up even though you don't seem to be in New Hampshire....but when you are, don't hesitate to call!!

Reply by SM_TX on 10/27/05 11:26am
Msg #72649

Re: You need to come to TX......................n/m

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/27/05 11:32am
Msg #72651

Re: You need to come to TX......................n/m

We're trying....just dont have any contacts there as of yet...

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 10/27/05 11:33am
Msg #72652

Sherry,

Is there a way to contact you directly? I have a couple of questions for you, but I do cover one of your hardest counties, Okeechobee, in Florida.

Reply by Mike_NJ on 10/27/05 12:43pm
Msg #72675

Good Luck with the venture, NJ rates could be higher not sure how many would go out for that rate.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 10/27/05 1:47pm
Msg #72692

I am in Florida, Duval County. You do not have that county listed and it is next to St. Johns, Nassau and Clay. I only do Duval County for 75 overnight/100 edocs. I do signings in St.Johns, Nassau and Clay but for a higher fee due to travel. I am in your database but never have gotten a call from you.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 10/27/05 2:43pm
Msg #72710

Don't hesitate to contact eXpedient Notary in the North Texas area if you need us!!! Good luck with your continued growth!!!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 10/27/05 4:02pm
Msg #72731

I am a Certified Notary Signing Agent, (through the National Notary Association). I service Contra Costa County in the state of California. Contact me if you have business in my area.

Reply by Brenda_CO on 10/27/05 4:14pm
Msg #72732

I am a Certified Notary Signing Agent through the National Notary Association. I am in Colorado, working in the counties of Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Jefferson, and Weld. I will log into your website as soon as I can....meantime, please give me a call if you have something coming up in my area.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/27/05 7:43pm
Msg #72753

It really irks me when

SA's don't READ the post and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! She named the states and counties, so why respond when you are NOT in state & county she is looking for. She says "If you are interested in applying, please vist our website at www.slbsigningservices.com". So GO THERE and don't waste space here.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/27/05 9:06pm
Msg #72759

Re: It really irks me when

yep premium space all wasted...go to bed ya old crow! We are responding to her and expressing our wishes that she move into our states!

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/27/05 9:46pm
Msg #72773

Re: go to bed ya old crow!

having a bad night Cheryl? -- or just over the edge from all the Anons?

Reply by Brenda/CA on 10/28/05 12:28pm
Msg #72871

Re: It really irks me when

First of all any member on here has the right to respond to a message. You are rude, I assume that is why you use the "Anonymous", instead of a screen name. You really should read posts more often. I beleive it was just last week that rude people received a warning from Notary Rotary management. Maybe you should consider taking an anger management class.

Reply by HDW_TN37323 on 10/28/05 9:28am
Msg #72842

I have done one for SLB recently. Good company. Easy, complete, and organized package. Pays well and on time. Come back to TN, I will be ready and waiting when you are ready. Thanks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.