Notary Rotary
Lack of follow-through and lack of consideration
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 10/7/05 2:50pm
Msg #69395

Yesterday I received a call directly from a mortgage company for an e-doc signing today at 1:00. I stated my rate and there was no problem with it. I was told that all my info would be given to the TC. I told this man at the mortgage company that I wanted a confirmation from him. He said "Why?--we'll pay you." I told him it was just part of doing business. He asked what I wanted on the confirmation. I told him Borrowers' names, address, phone numbers, agreed-upon fee.

It is now 45 minutes past the scheduled signing time and I have received no confirmation and no docs. This could be caused from someone dropping the ball and docs aren't finished, or the loan was canceled by *somebody*, or after talking with me, the mortgage company decided to price shop, finding someone doing this just as a hobby, and the mortgage company failing to call me to thank me for my time, but that I won't be needed.

Although I'm upset at the lack of professional courtesy with the mortgage company and TC in that I never received the confirmation or docs after setting the time aside, or even calling to cancel the appointment and thus freeing up my time so I can make myself available for other signings, I'm more PO'd if, in fact, they were price shopping and someone low-balled the rate. If that's the case, you know who you are and shame on you.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/7/05 3:09pm
Msg #69401

Carolyn:
I hear ya! I've had that happen a couple of times lately. I do suspect that I know who's low-balling around here though. Had 1 yesterday wanted me to do a disclosure signing in Trinidad, which is about 85 miles away, one way, told him my fee and he said they only got paid 75 for it, told him, sorry, I'm NOT 170 miles round trip for 75.00 , I did offer to take 25.00 off my regular fee instead, so he said ok, but they still only get 75 for it. He then called back and asked me if I would do the one in Trinidad and then do one here in Pueblo, and asked if I would do the Pueblo one really cheap since I would be doing the one in Trinidad for them (????) I said I wouldn't do it as cheap as what he wanted, but named a reasonble fee instead, so he said ok, then he calls this morning to tell me the Trinidad one is cancelled, because the lady is "out of town". I then talked to the notary that I suspect is lowballing fees, and he told me he had a signing in Trinidad today for 75.00, I told him with the price of gas and the rising costs of supplies, that it was a ridiculous fee. He says he takes those so he can get "experience". He's only had about 15 signings total. Some, NOT ALL, of these signing services are getting to be really crazy! I agree with you Carolyn, SHAME on you whoever you are!!!!!

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/7/05 3:44pm
Msg #69418

Bonnie,
While it sucks, at least you got a cancellation call and you have an idea of who is doing the low balling.

I got another call yesterday. I was trying to get my shredder unjammed yesterday when I got a call on my cell. They said they were trying to get a hold of so and so, which, while I don't know her, I know she is a local SA. Apparently the SS had a list of SAs pulled up and looking at her name and called me.

I said they had the wrong number. I'm curious how many people would have taken that opportunity to introduce themself as a SA in order to get the signing not initially intended for them.

Reply by John_NorCal on 10/8/05 9:57am
Msg #69548

Re: I would introuce myself, why not? n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/8/05 1:19pm
Msg #69569

Re: I would introuce myself, why not? n/m

I don't know. I've gotten feedback both ways. I didn't because I was up to my a@@ in allegators at the time of the incorrectly dialed call -- although it might explain how people get docs that they know nothing about, i.e., scheduler looking at one name and calling someone else's phone number and docs are sent to the person that was *supposed* to get the call. Thinking back, not every scheduler calls me by name when they call ...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.