Notary Rotary
Lenders First Choice
Notary Discussion History

Lenders First Choice
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by DM_FL on 10/14/05 6:48pm
Msg #70574

Lenders First Choice

I just received a call from LFC. I was told that they're revamping their notary program and that their base is now $60 for overnight docs and $80 for e-docs--for local signings. I told them my base is $75 for overnight and $100 for e-docs. I was then told that I could certainly request that, but that they are prioritizing their notaries who would accept their base and that she would have to call me back after she tried calling some other notaries. I kindly told her that, if that's their new policy, they could remove my name from their database. Unbelievable...I had already quoted them SS fees, and they're a title co. I guess they feel that we don't need to make a living.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/14/05 7:22pm
Msg #70578

Re: Lenders First Choice...DM

What office was it? Are all LFC offices instituting this fee schedule? I've worked for the CA, TX and FL offices and almost always get my requested fee.

Reply by DM_FL on 10/14/05 7:51pm
Msg #70586

I'm not sure which office, but the phone # was 805-578-2929.

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/14/05 8:03pm
Msg #70588

I did 2 signings for them today. One was for Florida and one for California. No one cut my fees. I've never had a problem with them.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/14/05 8:07pm
Msg #70589

NO problems with fees here.

Reply by DM_FL on 10/14/05 8:07pm
Msg #70590

She said this is something new, and she sounded very nervous about it--understandably. She told me that I was the first in my area that she'd called.

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/14/05 8:11pm
Msg #70592

Why You?

Funny isn't it? They use you as the test notary?

Reply by DM_FL on 10/14/05 8:18pm
Msg #70594

Re: Why You?

I didn't think it was funny. :-(

Reply by Brenda_NC on 10/14/05 8:23pm
Msg #70596

Fees in my area are the same as always. Are you in a heavily saturated area? If not maybe its just you.

Reply by LilyMD on 10/14/05 8:24pm
Msg #70597

Good one Brenda!

Reply by Elizabeth Atwood on 10/14/05 8:12pm
Msg #70593

LFC is the best/

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 10/15/05 3:49am
Msg #70654

I was told that they are cutting fees in all their offices due to the fact that they are expanding. The young lady did sound a bit nervous.
I've enjoyed working with them in the past. Easy to deal with, and prompt pay. I have limited my coverage area for the lower fees however. Those companies who pay more will get more.
I would really like to know if they are truly testing us.

Reply by Les_CO on 10/15/05 10:23am
Msg #70678

Re: Lenders First Choice/email Question

LFC uses gatoesmail (whatever that is) I connect to the internet using Comcast cable. I cannot get email from LFC (they must fax) which makes it difficult. Anyone out there have the same problem?
PS: Here in the Denver area LFC wants to do $100 for edocs, and $75 overnight (or borrower has docs) They will bend a bit. (they charge borrower $150 plus)

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/15/05 10:40am
Msg #70684

I get their emails all the time without any problems. I don't know why you would have problems receiving their emails unless your server or client are blocking it. I don't know if they are actually using GatorMail or not, but only their return address is "Gatorsmail". The mail is being distributed by their server (lfc-exchange.utcnet.com) using MailSweeper. At least, messages that I get are sent from that server.

FYI - GatorMail is a servlet-based Webmail built on the Struts framework. It was originally developed to meet the needs of the University of Florida.

Reply by Les_CO on 10/15/05 10:49am
Msg #70693

Thanks PAW! I can get email from them on my other email addresses ( like Yahoo,) just not from Comcast. (This is out of the Simi Valley office) I know there are some other notaries out there with Comcast as a server, I'm just wondering if they too have a problem?

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/15/05 12:34pm
Msg #70724

I know I've done signings for them -- trying to remember if overnight or e-docs. I have Comcast as well, but usually open the docs through Outlook. Sometimes when I can't open them through Outlook, I can log into Comcast mail and get them that way.

In the meantime, I'll find out which way(s) I've received their docs.

Reply by Les_CO on 10/15/05 2:02pm
Msg #70741

I use Outlook Express, but also can get email from Comcast direct. I tried both ways....Nothing! Plus, I called Comcast (didn't know). I can get their (LFC) email (Gatorsmail) through orher servers, but not Comcast?????
Thanks for the input!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.