Notary Rotary
Location of Venue wording
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by MagicLadyCA on 10/7/05 7:45pm
Msg #69451

I am notarizing five documents tomorrow for an attorney out of Modesto. The documents were e-mailed to me today. On all documents the venue wording (State of _________ County of _____) is just below the line for my signature at the bottom right hand side of the documents. Normally the venue wording is at the top left hand of the document. I've never run into this before... a little help here!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/7/05 7:50pm
Msg #69454

I submit that is not the venue. Venues are typically on the left side of the document preceding the notarial wording. The venue may actually appear at the very top of the document as well as after the body of the document, but before the body of the certificate. If one is not there, simply write the venue in before your certificate wording

The 'venue' type of information that frequently appears below the notary's signature is the notary commission information, which is typically the state and county the notary was commissioned in. Many states issue commissions at the county level, while some issue commissions at the state level, such as FL.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/7/05 10:59pm
Msg #69487

Another option: if you're not comfortable with the certificate language...just attach a CA approved acknowlegement loose certificate. It will work.

Reply by MagicLadyCA on 10/8/05 9:14am
Msg #69533

Thanks guys, I will just print the wording in the top left corner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.