Notary Rotary
NOTARY ERROR
Notary Discussion History

NOTARY ERROR
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/12/05 7:53am
Msg #69987

NOTARY ERROR

What would you do if a notary makes a notorial error and refuses to go back to the borrower(s) home to fix it. Should this notary be entitled to his complete signing fee????? PLZ ADVISE

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/12/05 7:58am
Msg #69989

First, who are you? What type of 'error'. Are you sure it is an error and not something unique to the state in which the notarization took place? IOW, please provide more details so a reasonable answer can be provided.

This is like calling up a service department at a car dealership and telling them, "My car won't start. What's wrong?"

Reply by Anonymous on 10/12/05 8:16am
Msg #69991

Sorry, you are absolutely correct.... what had happened is on the signature name affidavit the borrower had 4 aka's.... and 4 lines for the borrower to sign as.... the notary neglected to have the borrower sign each way... it got rejected, I addressed the notary and he/she said find somebody else to fix it!!!!!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/12/05 8:22am
Msg #69992

I agree that this is a notary signing agent error, if there are instructions that the borrower is to sign each different way. Though this document typically does require that the primary signature be notarized, I have seen many that do not. If it doesn't not need notarization, just send it to the signer with specific instructions. If so, then, imo, the NSA should be responsible to have it redone at their expense.

As an aside, I normally do not respond to anonymous posters. I submit that you may get more responses, especially from the seasoned NSAs that frequent this board, if you identify yourself.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/12/05 8:32am
Msg #69994

This was pretty self explanatory.... when you have 4 additional lines..yes in fact the borrower must sign each way.... besides the way the doc's have been printed.... If title/escrow rejects it and it is brought to the notaries attention to fix his/her mishap this is the only right thing to do. We must now pay another notary to go back out to have the aka signed and notarized. In my opinion I dont feel the notary should be paid!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/12/05 9:20am
Msg #69999

The notary should go back out an fix it at their expense.
Deduct from the fee what you had to pay the other notary for fixing the error.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/12/05 10:25am
Msg #70010

I agree with Sylvia.......................n/m

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 10/12/05 12:08pm
Msg #70029

I agree with Paul.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 10/12/05 12:53pm
Msg #70033

IMO, the NSA should correct his/her error at his/her expense.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/12/05 5:44pm
Msg #70093

Did you find a cheap Notary to do the job and now you are complaining? You didn't say which signing service you are.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 10/12/05 7:04pm
Msg #70099

Usually it will not be tough to find someone to go get this done, be sure that the lender is ok with using another SA to complete this form. Often this is just fine but you want to make sure that this will be ok. Two different SA for one set of docs sometimes causes issues you do not want to deal with, l(like redraw at your expense)

If you explain to the first SA that he or she will not get paid for the first job if they do not complete the signing correctly maybe they will change their tune.

Lisa

Reply by Anonymous on 10/12/05 8:42pm
Msg #70120

To your response no i dont believe i found a 40.00 notary.. we pay 100.00 for edox and that is negotiable.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.