Notary Rotary
Notary Name on DOT as trustee????
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Mindy_WA on 10/4/05 12:14am
Msg #68688

I drove 2 1/2 hours ONE WAY to sign docs with bwrs and in the middle of the package on the DOT I am listed as "trustee", Lender being "beneficiary". The bwrs were obviously very confused, as was I. Of course, after hours and not able to rise anyone at the title co. What would you have done? Any input would be appreciated.

Reply by QinIndy on 10/4/05 11:04am
Msg #68734

My question is: what did you do?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/4/05 11:08am
Msg #68735

Well, I certainly would stop the signing if I could not reach anyone. No way would I have someone sign the DOT with MY name on it, I don't care what it means, my name does not belong on their docs no matter what the capacity. Having my name on a mortgage I beleive would make me responsible and that is noy my loan nor my responsibility, it is the BO's.

The dictionary definition of a Trustee is a person or agent, such as a bank (in this case they put your name), holding legal title to property in order to administer it for a beneficiary. Whoa, that's not you in my book.

what did you end up doing? have them sign or stop? since you couldn't reach anyone.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/4/05 11:12am
Msg #68738

what did you do???...n/m

Reply by Mindy_WA on 10/4/05 2:04pm
Msg #68781

Re: Here's what I did!!

During the signing I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to leave without signing because I drove 2 1/2 hours one way to this town, in the rain, in the dark (on the way home)...I know, I know (sure you did, GRANDPA...uphill both ways, in the snow, with no boots)

I let the bwrs know that this was not usual, that they should take it up with their LO or lender/title etc. I told them that I would check into it on my end. They felt fine with that, and said that they would make sure to f/up today. Basically, since it is my name and I have the signed docs, It is in my hands...and I won't back down.

I have been on the phone with this company trying to figure out what to do. They don't seem to be surprised. They said it happens " occasionally" in Washington and Virginia. I let them know that I am VERY UNCOMFORTABLE with this. I just don't know where to turn for more info on the ramifications of this OOPSIE on their part. AND, I don't want to send the docs this way. I just don't know what to do. Ach!!

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/4/05 2:28pm
Msg #68789

**I know (sure you did, GRANDPA...uphill both ways, in the snow, with no boots) **

And, you liked it like that, now didn't you!

Reply by Mindy_WA on 10/4/05 2:47pm
Msg #68796

You always have a way with words.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/4/05 6:37pm
Msg #68856

Mindy, Actually...they weren't my words...from one of my favorite funny shows...Saturday Night Live...the Grouchy Old Man.

My kids never could get enough of him.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/4/05 4:39pm
Msg #68835

"sure you did, GRANDPA...uphill both ways, in the snow, with no boots"

Honestly now, was it reall snow? (Or something else that begins with "S"?)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.