Notary Rotary
NotesX
Notary Discussion History

NotesX
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Teddog_CO on 10/21/05 7:46am
Msg #71654

NotesX

Has anyone seen this on the web and what's your take on the site? Just "surfing" and found it.

Best to You All
Teddog

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/21/05 8:10am
Msg #71656

Interesting! I think That's what Charles_CA was talking about. I think $20. a month is a little excessive though. I wonder why the last registration was in Febuary...did they not get anything off the ground?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/21/05 8:37am
Msg #71664

Charm AL

Yes $20 @ month is pretty steep. I do like the concept. It is a shame that notaries can't seem to be able to "Pull Together" instead of fighting on line and playing the"gott'ya" game. In responce to your question, no it would appear that the site is not going anywhere. It would be nice if some kind "meeting of the minds" could take place. What with rating notaries, rating this one and that one, eeek! it is hard to believe that we are running a real business, or at least a few of us are still trying to run a business. More energy into marketing and building relationships with everyone as opposed to ripping everyone and everything apart would serve us better. More "dancing dogs" LOL It's no wonder to me why folks are anonymous. Just my opinion.
Best to You
Teddog_CO

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/21/05 8:53am
Msg #71667

Re: Charm AL

Ted, I wish Charles would get back here and help us try to figure out how to get this concept off the floor. He's business savvy and has a good mind for this. That site that offers us directly to the lender/TC is exactly what we need. Cutting out the middleman would help us be our professional selves and we can get a bigger slice of the pie. Can you imagine a signing where you get the docs and just send them back? No faxes, babysitting, calling when you print, before you leave, at the signing, AFTER the signing...
Also this system would weed out the SA's that make all these mistakes, making it necessary for the hand holding, real quick.

Also, I don't like the 'rating' of us...SS's and TC's are run by human beings and they can really ruin a professional notary over a mistake or misunderstanding on a public forum. I'm glad that feature is not available and hope that if it is put into use, we'll know about it at that time. I'm not afraid to be rated but I've read a huge amount of disagreements between notaries and companies, here and elsewhere, and the law of averages say sooner or later, I'm going to mess up.. One bad rating and you could be toast.

We only rate companies based on how/when they pay.

Best to you also Smiley

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 10/21/05 9:17am
Msg #71671

Re: Charm AL

Charm AL...try reli.us have a deal w/them for Monday...never dealt w/them before, but they are a true TC and my Stewart Title Co locally referred them to me.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/21/05 9:23am
Msg #71673

PA...

Thanks but I don't know how to get to them, tried www. and nothing comes up. I do have a lot of title companies, that's not my complaint. Just getting tired of all these silly instructions with some SS's. I almost got docked $25. the other day because I failed to call the SS from the signing table AFTER the signing! silliness, I swear.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 10/21/05 9:26am
Msg #71674

Re: PA...

just type in the address line reli.us

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/21/05 9:30am
Msg #71677

Got it, thanks!...n/m

Reply by Teddog_CO on 10/21/05 9:49am
Msg #71685

Charm AL

I Agree with you 100% . Great Big diffrence between How /when companies pay and rating performance of other professionals'. If I want the 30/day "shred job" I would go back to work for a Corporation, where a person just can't win no matter how good they are at their job. LOL

Stay Happy!!!
Teddog_CO

Reply by Mike_AZ on 10/21/05 9:53am
Msg #71686

The owners, Stacy and Ralph, are very good and honest people who sunk thousands of personal dollars into getting NotesX started last year.

Right after launching, Stacy became very ill. The website is frozen at about a year and a half ago. With the serious illness Stacy has been dealing with, updating the website is far down her list of Things To Do.

It is sad that illness stopped this great idea.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 10/21/05 10:22am
Msg #71694

Mike_AZ

I am very sorry to hear such bad news. Hope that Stacy and Ralph are doing better my prayers are with them. When things turn around for them perhaps they will take another run at the project. In the meantime I will keep them in my prayers.

Best to You
Teddog

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/21/05 10:30am
Msg #71695

Thanks Mike, I hope she recovers soon....n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.