Notary Rotary
OT...wardrobe
Notary Discussion History

OT...wardrobe
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 10/4/05 10:20am
Msg #68724

OT...wardrobe

I'm still trying to get used to living in the south after 3 years!
By now, up in Chi-town, I'd have out my chenilles and fall colors and digging out the sweaters and boots...
But it's 80 degrees here everyday!
I'm almost in the mood to go buy my rust, red and orange colors in tee shirts and sleeveless dresses!
Not that I'm looking forward to Winter but I'm feeling a little silly still wearing whites and sandals in October
Isn't that a fashion faux paux?
Momma help me!

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/4/05 10:29am
Msg #68727

Re: OT...wardrobe - Holy wilting magnolias, Batman.

**Not that I'm looking forward to Winter but I'm feeling a little silly still wearing whites and sandals in October
Isn't that a fashion faux paux?
Momma help me!**

As long as your toenails are painted the fall colors, you are in good shape in the south.

Last year I never did a signing without pantyhouse. Along about August, I realized that pantyhose were going to kill me of heat exhaustion. Ms. Proper is looking for "suede" sandals. I have put my black patent leather up for the winter, but the black leather ones are foremost in my wardrobe. So are the tan ones.

Holy wilting magnolias, Batman. It's been 106 degrees this summer in the "Heart of Texas!"

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/4/05 10:33am
Msg #68729

ROFL! I should have just sent aan email directly to you!
ok I'll get brown suede sandals and paint the toe nails orange...cool
I'm stylin' and profil'in!!!
Call me pumpkin patch Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/4/05 10:41am
Msg #68730

Orange toenails in the fall and red in the winter, Pumpkin Patch!

You got it!

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/4/05 12:19pm
Msg #68755

Re: Labor Day has past and Memorial Day hasn't arrived

my white shoes are stored away

Reply by Mindy_WA on 10/4/05 2:15pm
Msg #68784

Re: I'm still trying to hold on...

I have still been wearing the flip flops and capri's in the 40's & 50's here in WA. I got a SCREAMING deal on clothes at Old Navy the other day!! .97 cent womens clothes. I can't put them away yet!

Reply by christiSocal on 10/4/05 4:40pm
Msg #68836

That's another good thing about cal, ANYTHING is in season!

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/4/05 5:56pm
Msg #68848

Re: That's another good thing about cal, ANYTHING is in season!

In the past, I've had to point out to several female Cali implants about what not to wear between Labor Day and Memorial Day in Colorado. The same way you just know that someone is an attorney when you see them on the street, you know someone is not from here when you see a woman wearing white shoes in the middle of September. You might be able to get away with it on Easter, but for that one day only, otherwise you deal with the fashion police who are brutal here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.