Notary Rotary
Past posting on E & O
Notary Discussion History

Past posting on E & O
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 10/12/05 10:45am
Msg #70013

Past posting on E & O

I have searched but I can not find what I am looking for. Someone posted about a very good price on E & O in California . I believe it was something like $144.00 for 4 years for $100.000. Does anyone have this info . I had to take my pc down and reinstall everything so I lost what I saved.:( TIA
Della

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 10/12/05 2:47pm
Msg #70063

I have $100,00 for 4 years - it cost me $156.00.
NNA

Reply by Harry [NR] on 10/12/05 4:03pm
Msg #70075

Stephanie -

You had better take another look at your policy. A common approach used by NNA is to sell a 4-year bond and ONE YEAR E&O policy as part of a "package." At some point during the first year of your commission - probably in the last quarter - you will likely begin to receive renewal notices suggesting that you extend your coverage.

In our experience, this is a common misconception among notaries who have purchased these packages; they assume the E&O coverage term is the same as the bond (which MUST cover the entire term of the commission). Even more notaries in our experience are confused by the "activate your E&O coverage" mailings NNA has been sending. We have had multiple calls from notaries asking why they must pay NNA to activate the E&O policy they purchased from Notary Rotary.

As a final note, if you choose to renew your E&O coverage, you might consider a longer term if you're confident you'll be in the business that long. While it's obviously more money up-front, the cost savings can sometimes be substantial.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by DellaCa on 10/12/05 4:08pm
Msg #70078

Re:Thanks Harry wish I could remember that site!! n/m

Reply by DellaCa on 10/12/05 4:06pm
Msg #70076

NNA has $156.00 for ONE yr.
4 yrs. for Ca. is M: $468.00 for member
Thanks anyway but you need to take a better look so you know what you have. If you got it for that price you did great.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.