Notary Rotary
Posting Anonymously
Notary Discussion History

Posting Anonymously
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 10/20/05 10:32pm
Msg #71595

Posting Anonymously

It's a foregone conclusion that most "oldtimers" (and that's subjective) don't like anonymous posts and some refuse to answer those posts, especially new threads.

I'm curious - why be anonymous? I see a lot of really, really good posts and statements as new threads and responses...and the author is "anonymous". It's very confusing when reading through a long topic or thread - who's who????

When I first joined this forum I posted a few things anonymously....mostly out of fear - what if a SS didn't think I knew everything there was to know? Other than that, I can't think of one good reason to be anonymous if this is a community of NSA's...supposedly to support one another and exchange information.

Speaking of which, is there so much hair-splitting over posts and technicalities that many in this community just don't want to be blasted? (I'm guessing...yes - as I've been the recipient of those).

The only other reason I can think of for being anonymous is to be mean without being responsible.

A very nice NSA I know in CA posts anonymous as she got pretty badly blasted by an "oldtimer" who's frankly not worth the bother. Consider that it's just nice to have a "personality" in a community - even if it's an internet community.

What's behind the anon posts?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 11:44pm
Msg #71609

Occasionally there are good reasons to post anonymously, obviously, or that wouldn't even be an option

Reply by LilyMD on 10/21/05 7:23am
Msg #71647

If you don't want to post your name, why not use initials or a moniker? Everyone does either of those. If your name is Sue but you wish to post as Bob then do so. Just adjust your forum alias. This plus your state id would still keep you anonymous but would be so much less confusing.

Reply by REE_NJ on 10/21/05 9:29am
Msg #71675

That is a very good idea. I think everyone is hesitant lately to say who they are because they have been more inappropriate and unprofessional replies lately. I know I have been, I have seldomluy replied to posts or even posted a question just because of the "tension" thrown out her lately on the posts. I am not sure why this is happening. I find this site to be very useful and I hope everyone begins to use the forum for its purpose versus blasting someone for stating a comment or question.

Reply by Kelly M Robertson on 10/22/05 7:30am
Msg #71858

Two Points

I see that no one who posted above me has a link, so aren't you all anonymous as well? Some may know who you are, but I don't. So why are you any different than one who posts as "Anonymous"? I agree that putting a state really helps to initiate valid replies no matter what.

Second, I don't blame folks for posting Anon -- there are a few on this board who are bullies and if one posts with their REAL NAME, as I do and have always always done, then they risk a blasting and potential embarassment.

I, for one, am not at all afraid to post my true name and link, and as a result, get many personal emails and am happy to reply. These personal emails almost always start off as, "Hi Kelly -- I hope it's okay that I email you directly... I am afraid to post my real name on the boards....". This is sad, but I don't blame em!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.