Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Preliminary Cruise info for Princess Cruises (LONG)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Bonnie_CO on 10/5/05 1:03pm
Msg #68975

Here are some preliminary figures for the NotRot cruise. You have to remember this is for 7 days, ALL inclusive as far as meals etc. Comparing it to the cost of the NNA convention in Las Vegas, you figure the conference was something like $359.00 PP, plus any meals etc. it lasted 3 or was it 4 days. So once you add up the costs for that, and add in the add'l days, it pretty much equals out. I am still waiting on quotes from 2 more lines and looking into 4 day cruises also, which is cheaper. The rates are per person and for these rates, need a min of 2 per cabin, 3rd and 4th in same stateroom is about 1/2 price pp.
Stateroom: $849.00 per person + tax/fees
Deposit-$250 pp at booking
Final payment due on Dec. 19th
(hey! that's only 6-8 signings pp!)
This quote is for an inside stateroom
Oceanview, Balcony and Suites are slightly higher per person
For this price, You get to visit 4 Awesome destinations! All the food you could possibly eat, I have yet to meet anyone that did not gain a little weight on a cruise. (Lets talk the chocoholic midnight buffet!) + TitleGalCa is in the stages of planning some INCREDIBLE seminars! You get a vacation + an education! We can also arrange a Not Rot Cocktail hour onboard along with the seminars if anyone is interested.
Princess has an awesome reputation for Excellent Service and Food. There are always some kind of activity going on somewhere onboard. If you want to bring your kids, they have an incredible kids program running all day and into the evenings, and it's included for free!
We also may be able to get everyone a little onboard credit to be used however you like, the gift shop, gambling, alcohol, etc. I am still working on things trying to get the best deal at the lowest possible cost. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me.
Thanks!

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/5/05 1:36pm
Msg #68991

I wouldn't be up for a seven day cruise. I think I could only stand a 4-5 day cruise.

Just my .02

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/5/05 1:41pm
Msg #68994

for me...that is over $2,100. plus airfare for three...making it way out of my budget for a seminar. Keeping in mind that Dec., and Jan., and possibly Feb., are slow.
Why do we need 7 days?
What happened to the Reno idea?
just my 2 centavos

Reply by DellaCa on 10/5/05 1:53pm
Msg #68997

I'm with you Charm Reno wpuld be more in my range, I just could not swing this kind of $$$.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/5/05 1:43pm
Msg #68995

Re: Preliminary Cruise info - business expense??

Definitely would have to have several available seminars per day. That way the cruise MAY be tax deductable as a business expense (to some degree). Not legal advice, check with your tax expert.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/5/05 2:04pm
Msg #69004

Bonnie, If I throw my hat into this ring, I am obviously PRO-Galveston departure because it's so close for me. However, I received a note from a notary up north who expressed concerns about the Padre' Island Spring Breakers. Is this a concern? Not trying to be negative, just passing along the info.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/5/05 2:24pm
Msg #69013

I'm not sure when spring break starts in various places, Padre Island is quite a ways from Galveston, (down by Corpus Christy I think) so they shouldn't be a problem. I have some quotes for some less expensive cruises that I am getting ready to put up that will probably be better fitting for everyone's budget, they range from 4-7 days leaving out of Galveston or out of Houston. They will be posted within the hour...thanks! Oh... These upcoming ones are for our nice slow month of Feb. !

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/5/05 2:57pm
Msg #69025

Agreed on Padre...I left off the part about Galveston also being a SB destination.

Some of us really young ones might wind up partying on the beach with the s-breakers. Don't let me get side-tracked!

Smiley

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/5/05 3:12pm
Msg #69029

LOL! Now that i'd like to see!!!!! Everytime I've been on Galveston in Feb/Mar We've pretty much had the beach to ourselves--nothing like a good bonfire! Ya know, sometimes those sb's can REALLY party!LOL

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 10/5/05 2:25pm
Msg #69014

Thought I would voice my opinion too. The last cruise we went on was a 4 day cruise, and I swore I would never do another 4 day cruise because I didnt want to get off the boat at the end.....its not long enough. If I am going to spend the money for a cruise, airfair, etc. I would want to go for 7 days. Plus I have 3 kids at home under 8 yrs old and we havent had a vacation in 5 yrs...we need to milk every last minute we can out of a vacation, 7 days sounds like heaven.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 10/5/05 2:37pm
Msg #69019

Re: Rates

$849 pp is the same price you get through travelocity. Is there a way to get a discounted price by doing a group rate type of thing??

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/5/05 2:52pm
Msg #69024

Re: Rates

I got the rates through Jan with Princess, I thought we'd get a better group rate too, but she said that was the group rate. Only diff is the possibility of onboard credit. I'm still working on getting a better rate through a variety of sources and will keep everyone informed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.