Notary Rotary
Question
Notary Discussion History

Question
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Vivienne Lansdown on 10/20/05 10:11am
Msg #71381

Question

I am pretty new at this and would like to have information on two items.

1. It someone wants to add her child to the title on her property what document would need to be signed and would she be the person that I would notarize the document for?

2. What are the words at the bottom of the Estimated Settlement Statement you need to look for to prompt you to request a check? I have never encountered this and want to be sure I look for the necessary wording.

Thanks for your help.

Reply by AngelinaMD on 10/20/05 10:37am
Msg #71386

Welcome1

Here is my input-
1 - I do not know what state you are, but I refer the client to their lender and/or attorney.

2 - The bottom left of the HUD will show: cash (X from) ( to ) borrower $XXXX.XX
Also, sometimes the instructions to notary page may also say "Notary to collect from borrower $XXXX.XX"

Reply by Vivienne Lansdown on 10/20/05 10:43am
Msg #71387

Thanks for this. I know that we should refer the client to their lender or attorney. This question came up on a Signing Services Test Form which is strange. Maybe it is a trick question and I need to write that I would refer them in there. I am in California. Thanks for your help.

Reply by Danny_FL on 10/20/05 11:46am
Msg #71424

2- I believe its line 303 on your HUD-1 you are looking for

Danny

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.