Notary Rotary
Remarks from SS
Notary Discussion History

Remarks from SS
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/25/05 4:53pm
Msg #72272

Remarks from SS

How do I find out if a signing company ahs left any remarks about me? I am new here and am not sure how to do everything yet. THanks in advance for your help

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/25/05 5:00pm
Msg #72274

Harry has stated that that feature is not now availbale, so you won't have any on this site. I'm don't know where the website for signing services is, where they do rate notaries. (I'd imagine)

Reply by Anonymous on 10/25/05 5:00pm
Msg #72275

Ok Thanks I was just wondering i thought maybe there was that feature here because we can rate the SS.

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/25/05 5:29pm
Msg #72277

just read my reply, trying to type without looking at the letters, apparently not working yetSmiley

Reply by Anonymous on 10/25/05 5:33pm
Msg #72278

I know how that is I am still having problems with that too.

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/25/05 6:37pm
Msg #72283

If there is such a place where SSs and TCs rate notaries, they'll never tell us where to find it.

Reply by srnotary on 10/25/05 6:41pm
Msg #72284

lol that is so true wish they would though Smiley

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/25/05 7:11pm
Msg #72293

and they SHOULD TELL us so that we can see how well we are doing and how to improve if need be. We can't fix "mistakes" if we don't know about it. They get to see how we rate them...the courtesy thing is to let us see how they rate us...its just common sense and a courtesy thing to do....otherwise...what are they hiding by not letting us see??????

just a thought!

Reply by srnotary on 10/25/05 7:48pm
Msg #72305

I agree with you completely. I think we should have a chance to respond to bad remarks made about us. And to know what we are doing wrong.

Reply by Tennessee on 10/25/05 7:54pm
Msg #72306

The first rule I learned

when I entered supervision (and I might add I learned it the hard way ~smiles~) was NEVER have over one unhappy person in your office at a time. A SS would be nuts to give us access to their secret place! I usually do my own follow-up and while hearing negative things can be somewhat unsettling it definitely helps me to be the best that I can possibly be.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/25/05 9:58pm
Msg #72330

Re: Remarks from SS-gotta jump in here

Here's a thought...just for discussion...and, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think that signing service people have much time to jicky-jacky around and rate notaries.

And, why would they want to give their direct competition a big heads up on a sorry notary?

In fact, I have SS owner buddies whom I believe have called and gotten a good ref on a bad notary from their competition. Pals, if you think our business is competitive, think about the SS!

They've got to watch their backs from the title co and lender because crap runs downhill. And, they have to watch their backs from the other ss's...and then there are notaries who solicit their clients constantly because notaries resent the heck out of being brokered. (Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness ... just that notaries don't have any loyalty to an SS any more than they have to the notary.)

I really don't think that any truly GOOD ss is rating notaries on routine basis unless they are sharing a database of notaries like AMR, Negrete's and ASAP are. They they have somewhat of a reason to make notes.

The ss's database of notaries is their true asset. Without a very good database of notaries they cannot bargain with the notaries or send work at a moment's notice...so I don't think they are going to help any other ss clean up their database if that one is in competition with them.

But...back to the commenting...

If you think you did something wrong, you probably did.

But, really...what's there to guess about? The package will come back to you if you screwed something up.

Did you get a package kicked back because you missed signatures or notarial acts?
If no, then forget it.

Refuse to give in to paranoia. When business is slow, do lots of marketing.

Just figure they found someone cheaper. I have called when I felt like certain clients were being really quiet...I found out they had no work for me, but they started calling again soon.

Keep a very good attitude, be professional, set your prices and your policies and don't let it bother you even if someone does talk trash about you. Just do your job right, be on time, don't pick your nose at the signing table, and avoid eating a lot of garlic at the end of the month.

Reply by Andy Le on 10/25/05 10:34pm
Msg #72334

"...just that notaries don't have any loyalty to an SS any more than they have to the notary"

I have an SS who send me about $400-600 worth of work each month. There was a redrawn on this one loan last month, of which I did notify SS. But, the EO called me directly to do the resign then told SS to tell me to bill her directly. I told SS owner that it would be inappropriate for me to bill the E since my quoted fee for the job (to SS) is only 60% of what the SS charge TC. SS owner agreed to pay me for the second trip and I have not heard from them since. I'm pretty sure that EO will at some points missed my work.

I had the opportunity to work directly with an EO, but chose not to as I respect the relationship I have had with the SS.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/26/05 12:33am
Msg #72355

**I had the opportunity to work directly with an EO, but chose not to as I respect the relationship I have had with the SS. **

I don't doubt that you do, Andy...I think the majority of the notaries here are like that. The perspective from which I was speaking should have been made clearer. My comments were to convey my musings on the likelihood that an SS invested much time to comment good or bad on a notary with signing services they are in competition with.

The subject is something I have never given much thought to and then when I did, it seemed difficult for me to imagine that the owners have time for it. It's really very labor intensive to have an SS.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/26/05 11:40am
Msg #72412

Re: jicky-jacky-- is this the same as fiddle fart? nm

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.