Notary Rotary
SA's in my area
Notary Discussion History

SA's in my area
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/15/05 5:35pm
Msg #70770

SA's in my area

I was called to do a closing..arrived and there sat another SA. (Bad title co to call 2 of us). The gentleman is retired and only does this to supplement his income. I cheerfully let him do the closing, and gave him my business card as I walked out of the door. He called me after the closing to inform me I had NO business showing up, and who did I think Iwas, and on & on. He then informed me that he only took the closing because it was so close to his home (same distance as mine) and that he refuses to do e-docs or leave his humble abode for under $75.00.
He was highly miffed that I am his "competition" and I will walk out my door for under $75.00. I know alot of you SA's feel the same way as he does..but this is my only income, and if I can do 3 or 4 $50.00 per day..guess what? I've made $150.00 to $200.00 while he sat and home and wondered why the phone didn't ring. Throw in an e-doc or two in that day, and that's a hefty chunk of change for 1 days work. (May be a 12 hr day, but who else is gonna make that kind of money?) Even a tank of gas at $40.00 for the day means I made out decently.
My other local competition can only close in the mornings from 9 am to 2 pm, and only on Saturdays. No wonder I get all the phone calls.

Reply by Tammy Mazak on 10/15/05 7:09pm
Msg #70778

Im a signing service who pays notaries timely and I pay $60 for overnight packages and $90-$100 for edocs..... please email with your info and areas you cover... my email is [e-mail address].
Thanks,
Tammy Mazak

Reply by LilyMD on 10/15/05 8:33pm
Msg #70785

I can vouch for her.

Not only does Tammy pay fairly but also on time.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/15/05 10:21pm
Msg #70793

It sounds like you got to know him really well during that phone call, including chatting about your fees and his, edocs, etc.

If another SA called me to give me a hard time for showing up to do a job, I don't think I'd spend time discussing fees, or anything else for that matter.

I don't get the point of your post.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/16/05 10:24am
Msg #70809

TitleGalCa - such the chipper one

"I don't get the point of your post."

And i dont get the point of most of your post where you feel the need to belittle others. Maybe its jealousy??????

Reply by Charles_CA on 10/16/05 11:43am
Msg #70814

Maybe if you got your GED

You might be able to comprehend better!

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 7:13pm
Msg #70848

Re: Maybe if you got your GED

Why do we have to be so confrontational all of the time...?

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/16/05 7:52pm
Msg #70852

Because that's just how some of us are in real life. What is confrontational to one person is simply direct to another person. Your standards are not everybody else's standards, and I think the variety of responses to your SS perspective thread makes that quite clear.

I just don't know why people continue to think we should all be held to THEIR idea of the appropriate way to respond on this board. Or why they think it does any good to complain about it when it's painfully obvious that this is just the natural tone of the board - some nice, some not so nice.

You people really just need to get over it, it ain't gonna change.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 8:31pm
Msg #70854

Cali...I personally dont care what you say on this board (since 98% of the people on here offer constructive critisism versus ridicule) but I would really appreciate it if you would let me know your real name so that I dont accidentally call you for a job. I would hate to see what would happen if you were on the job and a borrower said something that you didnt agree with.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/16/05 8:55pm
Msg #70858

Re: Maybe if you got your GED - Sherry, are you serious?

All he did was point out that opinions differ and not everyone has the same perspective in anything. What's the harm in stating it on an internet forum?

He's NOT "on the job and a borrower said something that you didn't agree with". He's participating in an internet community...a community of NSA's primarily, I might add.

I can't imagine for one moment that if you read Cali's posts that he is clearly a very experienced NSA who has a very successful business. I think you'd be remiss in NOT considering him!

Reply by Charles_CA on 10/16/05 9:10pm
Msg #70860

Sherry, I think that there are some interesting points made

in this thread. Frankly, in my opinion I much rather have Cali than the namby pamby. PC, lackluster "nice" people I see posting here. One knows exactly where Cali stands and while you might not like it I see that Cali is a person of character and of his word and he calls a spade a spade. Cali is a person I would like to have working for me, in a heartbeat. I am sure that Cali has the experience and polish to handle whatever may come down the pike customer wise and do it with flair. I am also sure that he would not stab me in the back like so many here would do without compunction.

I have a couple of questions Sherry. How come you are not listed in the Notary Rotary Directory??? You have "Inc," in your screen name: what state are you incorporated in and if you are the owner who is the president? Are you a sub-chapter S or C corporation and why don't you have your corporate status indicated on your website. You appear to be a sole proprietorship from your website. Having been an incorporator for several corporations and having formed several corporations for myself as chief operating officer It is a distinction in business to be incorporated. Your organization says a lot about how you conduct your business. For one thing a legal person has the benefit of perpetual life, in business that's a good thing.

Furthermore when someone under the cloak of secrecy decides to stick someone in the back who does not deserve to be stuck the gloves are off. Anonymous posters are the scourge of this and any other board. they sit there and snipe and are smug in their anonymity: if only they knew how easy it is to find out who they are. When someone takes their gloves off then they should expect whatever happens and I for one will respond and I will respond with what I believe is appropriate force for the situation. The attack on TitleGal was completely gratuitous and would have only come from an extremely small and ignorant person. And that combined with their feeble attempt at anonymity shows them for who they truly are. So why should I just accept it. this is what makes the world go around. With your attitude we would still be curtsying and kissing the ring of the English Monarch. When it 's right, its right and there is no arguing with right.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 9:17pm
Msg #70863

Re: Sherry, I think that there are some interesting points made

Charles....Just inquired today about listing on NotROt...eagerly awaiting a response. Was a sole proprietorship NOW an S corp in the State of Florida....Havent had the time to change my site yet. Business has kind of taken on a life of its own...growing pains I guess....

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/16/05 9:41pm
Msg #70867

Re: Sherry, I think that there are some - Charles

Your post, Charles points out the damage of "anonymity", and thanks for giving me a moment to say something about it.

If you're part of a community - any community of people (including internet forums), there are personalities. People get to know those in their community and their personalities...it's what makes us a community.

Being anonymous is like having an unknown robber break into your house - you get home, and someone has stolen something and vanished into the night without a trace. You call the police, but they don't know who did it. You're left with a really, really bad feeling and taste in your mouth about people in general.

Sort of like how I feel by the cyber hitman/woman who's been stalking both you and me.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/16/05 8:46pm
Msg #70855

Cali - you know I appreciate your direct and common sense posts. I'd change one thing you said though:

***some nice, some not so nice***

In my mind, nice has nothing to do with what I post here or my opinions. I'm nice to my dog. I'm nice to my mailman. I'm nice to the people I work with. I'm nice to the checkout clerk at Vons. I'm nice to my friends. If you asked anyone who knows me, I'm just plain "nice".

On this board however - we're here to exchange thoughts, opinions and information about BUSINESS. Business is never, ever "nice". It IS WHAT IT IS...Business.

Futher, I doubt if I'll EVER meet any of the posters here (although I'm working on it...more on a NotRot convention to come and the many friends I've made offline). This is a place to exchange, provoke thought, improve our respective business, and make it known who does and doesn't pay in the way of signing services, and more.

I no longer have any interest in smoothing ruffled feathers over those who cry "you aren't nice". It does more harm than good! If there were never any controversy...debated opinions...or disagreements, I'd quickly lose interest because it would be BORING, and way too "politically correct". Being PC is the worst thing that's ever happened to society - and I won't participate in political correctness, ever. No one learns ANYTHING by being politically correct, or "nice".

So, I would change your words from "some nice, some not so nice" to "Some say it like it is...and some just want to be politically correct and fit in". Yuk. That's like having cream of wheat every single day of your life for breakfast.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 9:12pm
Msg #70861

TitleGal...I respect the way that you say things...Nothing that you said in any of the post on my thread (Prespective part 2) was ridiculing, rude, or unprofessional. You are quite eloquent (sp?)....you gave constructive critisism without being rude...I respect that. I get upset when you post something and people pick apart every last thing that you say, call you stupid (well if you had your GED), and label you from one post. We are all adults in here (I would hope) and it just feels like there are a bunch of bullies who really enjoy getting under peoples skin. I am on this board to learn from everyone. I have stated this many times...I want to make my business a partnership with the notaries that I work with and this is an invaluable tool.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/16/05 9:25pm
Msg #70864

Re: Maybe if you got your GED - Sherry

and all that is a good thing, Sherry, and will only further your business.

Honestly, I have no animosity to you at all, and truly appreciate that you'd come forward and face the "wolves" by your posts. You know by now I work for a title company...and let's face it, we're all in this together - TC's, SS and NSA's. I just think it's important to be honest and try and work out the differences and difficulties to EVERYONE'S advantage!

I just hope that the thought of "well...you're not nice in your post" is viewed as just silly by anyone that has good thoughts and ideas about our industry. You have to sift through the chaff to get to the wheat...I suppose.

Smiley

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 9:31pm
Msg #70866

I guess I just feel like I am treated like the enemy a lot of the time....its like the daggers are out the minute I open my mouth..Lets face it...there are a lot of terrible SS's out there BUT there are also a lot of terrible SA's out there too...I agree we are all in this together..lets act like it. Thank you for your tactfull honesty!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/16/05 9:43pm
Msg #70869

I know just what you mean, kiddo. Think of the posts of the "evil TC". Frequently, I feel like I'm sticking up for Darth Vadar.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 10/16/05 9:57pm
Msg #70871

Oops I meant Perspective...gotta correct it before someone tells me I need to get my GED..LOL

Reply by Margaret_FL on 10/16/05 11:24pm
Msg #70876

I just checked out your web site and I did not qualify to signing up as one of your agents. I just checked my receivables and I have not done 50 signings in the past 90 days. A major title company I worked for lost the account and now I am doing more inspections for HUD and FEMA than signings. I am getting $90 now for HUD and FEMA inspections that take 20 minutes. FEMA is buying the HUD foreclosures and I inspect them for move-in requirements. I made $2,160 last week for inspections and I only did 7 Purchase Notary Loan Signings for $1050 the 2 weeks before. I did the purchase closings on Wed, Thurs and Friday and got my check on Monday. Even though I have been a Notary Loan Signing Agent for 3 1/2 years and Certified for 2 years.

Reply by Frances MacDonald on 10/17/05 8:56am
Msg #70894

WHERE ARE THE OWNERS OF THIS SITE?

I thought we all received a notice that further personal attacks won't be permitted? I also recall reading that "members" will be banned from the site for not following NotaryRotary post rules? Some of you people clearly have too much time on your hands. What was the point of the "GED" insult, Charles_CA?

The "good" folks that frequent this site need to start emailing the owners (Harry?) and complain about the rhetoric cluttering up this forum. NotaryRotary does have standards even if some of you don't. Then, CaliNotary, it WILL stop. I'm not paying $119 per year to weed through garbage. Did you ever notice it's always the same ones dirting up this site? For all of the talk about SA's starting thier own organization; we need to start here by cleaning out trash.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/17/05 9:53am
Msg #70907

Re: Frances

you can always go to the other channel to read numerous, what started as, breast feeding posts and now include children, breasts, rape, child abuse, sexual preferences, menopause, hormones

NotRot attacks are nothing in comparison

Reply by Frances MacDonald on 10/17/05 10:25am
Msg #70911

If you take a close look....you'll find it's the same folks handing out insults and calling them "opinions". Which is why I wrote NotaryRotary asking that they enforce the rules they have already set. I agree with you about the "personal" rhetoric. This simply isn't a "chatroom". It is SUPPOSED to be a "Professional Forum". At least that's what it says on all the NotaryRotary advertisements I've read. I think this site is a great value but clearly it has a long way to go before becoming a "National" presence for serious SA/Notary concerns.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/05 10:55am
Msg #70919

Frances did you read the entire thread. I don't think you did because if you did your comment should have been directed to Anonymous. When I read the original post my first thought was "so what's your point". TitleGal actually stated she didn't get the point. Some Anon took a bite at her. And Charles gave one right back because for the last couple of weeks some Anonymous poster has without just cause been biting at TitleGal and Charles. What needs to be done is the doing away of posting anonymously. Personally I would be happy to post my questions and take the chance at a flame which I don't see happening because I don't ask basic notary 101 questions. I have to tell you TitleGal has given me some of the best help I have recieved on these boards both on and offline. And Charles has one of the best business minds on these boards. It is my opinion that the Anon hitperson is jealous of each of thiers success. If you want to write Harry then you need to target the right issue, anonymous posters who bite without just reason.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/17/05 11:06am
Msg #70924

Re: anonymous posting - keep the option

I think there is a place for the anonymous posting.
If I want to make a comment re: fees from a certain SS or TC, I may not want my competion to know what Im charging.
I may want to post re: a situation with a TC or SS. If I post my name, they may read it and have a problem with it - could cost me $$$.

I do think that the anonymous posting is overused and misused.

JMHO

Art

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/17/05 11:22am
Msg #70929

Re: anonymous posting - keep the option

Oh I know Art and I totaly agree with you, you are absolutely correct. This is just a case of the few bad apples abusing the purpose of anonymous posting that is ruining it.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/17/05 9:15pm
Msg #70994

Thank you, SarahBeth! You're very kind.....

and I'm happy to help, anytime.

And my gosh...what happened to this thread? What a runaway monster it became after a simple question/statement.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/17/05 1:15pm
Msg #70941

Re: Harry should not have to play board police

life would be pretty dull if everyone begins agreeing with one another. For many of us not working a fulltime J-O-B as an employee, this is a water cooler, of sorts. We come here to vent, to tell our own experiences, to disagree, and also, to let a little of our personal side come through.

Yes, Frances, we can get a little off the track with personal things that have nothing to do with serious SA/Notary concerns -- AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! No one is forcing you to read what doesn't concern you. If I begin reading and see that I have no interest in it, I back out of it and don't read. When you look at the threaded messages, you can see from the placement of individual messages in the thread, the messages that pertain to the one message you don't want to read. It may even be necessary to disregard the entire thread, as opposed to single messages.

No matter what is written, *anyone* stands a very good chance of offending of POing someone because words can't show facial expressions or tones in our voice -- but it doesn't mean that we have to read "let's all place nice" either.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/18/05 1:12am
Msg #71014

Too funny anon....................n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/17/05 11:19am
Msg #70927

Re: WHERE ARE THE OWNERS OF THIS SITE?

"I thought we all received a notice that further personal attacks won't be permitted?"

"What was the point of the "GED" insult, Charles_CA?"

"we need to start here by cleaning out trash."

Why is it that so many of the posts on this board that complain about insulting people usually include a personal insult of their own? I'd say calling people "trash" is at least as insulting as Charles' GED comment.

If you're willing to throw out insults (whether or not you feel they're justified) then you have no right to bitch about other people doing the same.

Reply by Charles_CA on 10/17/05 11:43am
Msg #70932

How come SaraBeth is the only one who gets it, No one it

seems even bothered to read the body of the post or the thread immediately preceding, not even you Cali. You would have realized it like SaraBeth that my response was strictly aimed at the attack on TitleGal. You of all people should understand the dynamics here, there are plenty of people who don't like what you say, even if is right on. I am just disappointed that I seem the be the lightning rod because of the large component of illiterate and ignorant individuals on this site. Screw the lot of you! I don't need to waste my time on this crap.

Reply by Frances MacDonald on 10/17/05 12:30pm
Msg #70937

Its a shame we have too much time on our hands

If we were all busier maybe we wouldn't have so much time to sit around and argue with each other. I was not putting down any "one" person. Simply stated, there is alot of garbage floating around on this forum which is supposed to be for "Professional use".

Further, I would never use a cuss word on a professional forum or any type of slang for that matter. I respect standing up for someone but it is easily done without throwing insults around. You guys simply proved my point. Maybe some reflection is in order?

And, yes, I did write in to complain about the Notary Rotary standards not being enforced. Why set a standard if your not going to follow/enforce it? and BTW, I can also live without weeding thru the "I breastfed my baby while the borrower's were signing" rhetoric. Tasteful jokes are fine but GEEZ, people, please get a grip! Some of us are trying to find VALUABLE info ie. good and bad SS/TC's, in this forum. It takes forever when you have to weed thru the breast and insult section. Said with love of course.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/17/05 1:16pm
Msg #70943

Re: Its a shame we have too much time on our hands

"Further, I would never use a cuss word on a professional forum or any type of slang for that matter. I respect standing up for someone but it is easily done without throwing insults around. You guys simply proved my point. Maybe some reflection is in order?"

And there are a lot of things that *I* would never do in life. That doesn't mean I expect everybody else to think and behave in the same way.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/17/05 1:06pm
Msg #70940

We have a meltdown!!!

OK, who had Charles as their pick in the pool?

Charles, I think you're the one who needs to read a little closer instead of projecting your own spin onto things. I didn't say anything about who your commment was directed at, I simply said that referring to somebody as trash was at least as insulting as your GED comment. How you interpreted that to mean that I thought you had directed it at TitleGal is beyond me.

My point was that there are many many instances when the person who is complaining about the insults on this board ends up being equally insulting in their own post. People in glass houses......

Reply by Frances MacDonald on 10/17/05 3:57pm
Msg #70971

Point Taken

I wasn't implying that the people are trash...only that the behavior was/is "trashy". I apologize for not writing it more clearly and your point is well taken. It's a shame that there isn't a seperate forum for venting then searching through the posts wouldn't be so time consuming.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 10/18/05 2:08pm
Msg #71060

Excuse me, have you really sat down and done the math? Mileage, paper, toner, time at the signing, travel time there and back, doc review....you must do so much volume that you can do every fifth signing for free! I am not even including wear and tear on a vehicle, the price of gas.....end of year must really suck for you! The responsibility that is placed on us aside from all the above is worth more. Charging a fair fee for the above is what is right. Perhaps that is what this man was so angry with. There is much more involved than just the chunk of money you add up each day. Do the math on that. This is not just income, this is a business and all of the above have to be considered and more...to run a successful business. Get out a ledger and do the math. But don't cut others down who know that putting the literal $50 dollars in their pocket each time...is what gets you income.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.