SOX--BEWARE
Notary Discussion History

SOX--BEWARE
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/19/05 2:23pm
Msg #71215

SOX--BEWARE

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to say that I apprecaite all the info in regards to Sign on the X, Inc or SOX and even as some call them Signature Plus (I dont know about that one--but it could be them too). I have been called by them as well and turn them down everytime. I just have a little insight about the company. They do lie about changing their accounting department,They have done it for years now, thats what they do to stall from sending out payments. All of the agents that call you from SOX know they do not pay you unless you badger them for months at a time. The Agents like to play dumb and pretend like they dont know whats going on. All the decisions are made through the CEO, she tells the accounting department who to pay and if they should pay. I think this matter needs to be brought up to the big signing companies that use them-- Loan Officers need to know about this and anyone that takes a signing from them is just waiting for no return calls and non payment. I hope this helps.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/19/05 3:13pm
Msg #71227

Thank you for posting this information. I am new to the notary business and have done a few signings for them in September. They told me that I had to send out my invoice the first week in October, but payment will not go out until November. I think that is way too long to expect anyone to wait for payment. Because I was new to the business, I was eager to get started. Hopefully they will realize that they are missing out on good notaries and change their policy.

Reply by Brenda Miranda on 10/19/05 4:03pm
Msg #71243

I did a signing for this company back in September, before I found negative comments about them on two different websites. I called them back and informed them that I have found neagative information about how they pay their notaries. They informed me that they have an all new accounting department. I told them I had a background in accounts payable, and that the only reason for an accounting department to with hold a payment that is due is either because of a dispute, or a request by management. I was then informed that since they have fired their old accounting department staff and have all new staff, that all notaries are being paid in a timely manner. ???????

Reply by yoyo on 10/19/05 7:51pm
Msg #71282

I got a call from them today and wanted me to do a piggyback for $67.50, I laughed and said not for price.

Reply by oldhippie_IL on 10/19/05 9:58pm
Msg #71302

I just got pd after 5 months

Reply by SUE LINDGREN on 10/19/05 11:08pm
Msg #71335

I did a signing for them also last week and came right out and told them they were on a Dead Beat list. They gave me the same story about new people and I shouldn't have any troubles.
We'll See!!! This Signatures Plus is located in California, with a 888-245-2112 number. I had troubles getting hold of them over a weekend and faxing to them was a headache!

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/20/05 12:23am
Msg #71341

"I did a signing for them also last week and came right out and told them they were on a Dead Beat list. They gave me the same story about new people and I shouldn't have any troubles."

And this folks, is exactly why SOX is still in business. Even the people who know of their horrific reputation are still accepting signings from them. Why would they change when they obviously don't have to?

Reply by Anonymous on 10/20/05 3:45pm
Msg #71518

Re: SOX--BEWARE--How to get PAID!!!

By Contract you are to be paid the following month after the month of services... They do not send it out on the first of that month they wait until you call to send it out(and they dont send it out then-- they wait until you have called about 4-5 times!)...Call them on the last day of the month and they will tell you the checks go out in a week or so right? Call them and ask for the check number, document the information and take down the time you called the person you spoke to and then call them back within the next day to see if its still the same check number (they lie about that too!)... then have it all documented the first week after payment is to have arrived (it wont be there because they wont send it to you ...) Send a copy of the contract and your documented information to the BBB --(they pride themselves on being in "good standing" with the BBB)- you will get payment ASAP. Also call and say you are waiting for payment-- ask for their permission to record the phone call in regards to the status of your payment (why should they have a problem with that? they are a respectable company right?LOL).--- Always check the confirmation of signing and see if the agreed feeis the right amount, they may quote something over the phone but if you dont check the confirmation page they wont pay accordning to what they quote on the phone. I know this is a lot of work , but if you have signed with them (and didnt read the posts here) then you know its going to be a long time until you get paid trust me i have done it... bother them and they will "take you out of their database" (which is a good thing) and send the payment out. If you really bother them and tell them that they are violating a signed contract and you will pursue it in court-- be prepared they say things like " Our Attorney will be calling you if you are going to threaten us." TRUST ME NO ONE HAS EVER RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM THEIR ATTORNEY! (THEY DONT HAVE ONE THAT CALLS NOTARIES) They think we notaries dont make any money and we are desperate for work (i have heard them say it when i was on the phone!)...So be prepared they think they can walk all over us.. to get paid-- KEEP calling and if you use your cell phone to call them to get payment enclose a copy of it to the BBB with the calls highlighted (SOX Will say they never received a call from you) and they will pay your phone charges as well--they get serious on payment when you make them feel like their "respect in the SS industry is at stake"... take my advice and you will get payment.

Reply by Kerrie McDonell on 10/24/05 7:57am
Msg #72031

Re: SOX--BEWARE--How to get PAID!!!

I have done two signings for them. The first back in May. Still no payment. I will keep bothering them. It is the principal!!!!! Thanks for the info. No more signings for them!!!!!!!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.