Notary Rotary
Safety first!
Notary Discussion History

Safety first!
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Blueink_CA on 10/31/05 10:54am
Msg #73206

Safety first!

The recent threads remind me that our job can put us in some very ackward if not dangerous positions. Especially now that the days are getting shorter, I review my safety tips.

Know the area. Don't accept assignments in areas that are known to be crime ridden. If they won't deliver a pizza on that street, somethings gotta be wrong. Also know the safest route to your signing; I will go out of my way to avoid driving through certain neighborhoods.

Keep cell phone turned on and within reach.

Keep car keys handy, the alarm button would certainly draw some attention.

Be alert when inside the bwrs home. If something doesn't feel right, trust your intuition. Develop a stomach ache and get out.

This is not meant to scare any newbies, just a reminder to take precautions. Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/31/05 12:25pm
Msg #73225

Also...I read somewhere that there are car jackers out there that are scaming ladies by blocking their rear windows so they can get out and remove it and then they jump in your car and disappear with your car, purse, etc...and they know where you live. Please be very careful...as we dont want anyone hurt. Be more aware and cautious!

Thanks for this post!!! good idea to remind everyone!

Dee, CNSA
Florida

Reply by srnotary_CA on 10/31/05 12:28pm
Msg #73227

Thanks Blue we could all use tips on how to do our Job safely. Especially us new notaries. Smiley

Reply by Ilona Campbell-Mihai on 10/31/05 8:07pm
Msg #73304

Re: Safety first!

Reply by Ilona_OH on 10/31/05 8:08pm
Msg #73305

Opps sorry ! My question is Do any of you in states that are allowed carry concealed weapons when you go out at night? My husband wants me to and I'm not to sure.

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/1/05 12:15am
Msg #73328

As far as the concealed weapon goes.........

in CA it's very tough to get a license. People that transport a lot of money or valuables (jewelers for example) are more likely to get one. The easiest way to get a license is to personally know a County Sheriff. That license is good in all parts of the state.

Reply by Dawn/CA on 10/31/05 11:52pm
Msg #73324

Thanks for the advice. I am a newbie and was sent on a signing up the mountain and on dirt roads in the dark with no cell service for miles!! Very scary. Mapquest said 30 miles. It took me one hour each way. I'm sure I didn't make any money on that one! And I think I'll be more certain of the area the next time. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.