Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Signature One (aka Notary America...aka....)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by 1stopnotary on 10/19/05 8:27am
Msg #71152

Signature One located in Tucscon Arizona is under investigation with the Tucson Arizona police. Signaure One aka Notary America and Southwest Notary has been embezzling funds from services that Notaries provide for them in various states.

After talking with the Arizona General State Attorney office, I was advise this was not the first time he's heard such complaints and he's heard it from the AZ BBB. He advised to file a police report with the Tucson Police department and they will investigate it. They also advise to file a complaint with the FTC for the FBI to be involve since it is an interstate issue. Of course they advise to file complaints with your local BBB and the state of Arizona BBB. Signature One or any of her companies (lisa shrieber) is not a member of BBB, but they are still taking complaints.

They also suggested if she sent you a bad check and it bounce due to the account being closed to call the Arizona BAD CHECK program in Tuscon. She will be charged for check fraudulant.

Such Signing services should be ashame of themselves as they put other signing services and notaries to shame (like they really care)...however, when they consitently embezzle money from one company to another, then you know they are bad company. I also advise the Tucscon police that I would not doubt that she is now trying to start another company under a new name and possibly in the same area.

So please beware if you take any signings from ARizona...make sure they are NOT owned and operated by lisa Schrieber, otherwise you will never get paid from them. We are working on notifying Lenders and title companies about them....however, if you do catch them giving assignments out...try to get info from them discreetly and report it to the Tuscon police.

If you need additional info and would like to file a complaint about this company, let me know...the info is also posted at the Signing Agent Yahoo site and 123notary.com site.

they may not owe me alot of funds, but from hearing from other notaries, they owe big time to them. As notaries we need to support each other and fight together!!! After all...WE DON'T WORK FOR FREE!!

Dee Bird, CNSA
Sebring, FL

Reply by Angelo Cianfrocco on 10/21/05 7:02pm
Msg #71795

I also reported Signature One to the Tucson, AZ BBB and the Attorney General. I don't believe it was the first complaint, however I am glad to see action is being taken to get rid of people like that. They are a menace to our business.

Reply by Dee_Fla on 1/13/06 3:25pm
Msg #88239

She is also known as Elizabeth Ann Schreiber.

You may file your complaint with the Tucson police fraud department at:520-791-4481...you can fax your complaint as well at their fax #520-791-5410.

You may need your own Case # but i can share at least two other case numbers that are related to it:05-09140234 or/and 05-10110317.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.