Notary Rotary
Signing At 8:30 p.m no docs yet
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by RhondaFL on 10/31/05 6:16pm
Msg #73285

What would you do, I was contacted today around 12:00 p.m. to do a signing for 8:30 p.m. this evening, I have waited all day for the docs, no docs, called the SS and get a message machine, so emailed them, they emailed me right back at around 6:00 p.m. they will check into, well 7:00 no response, no edocs, I email them again, or the TL just called, and will be emailing in about 30 or 40 minutes. which will run close to 8:00 p.m. so I have to download, print and get to the brs home which is less than 1/2 hour away and get this all done within 30mts. boy oh boy 6 1/2 hours to get edocs is a little rediculous is this typical?

Reply by Margaret_FL on 10/31/05 6:22pm
Msg #73286

Yep. You must give them a drop-dead time. I must have my documents 3 hours prior to the appointment or I cancel.

Reply by RhondaFL on 10/31/05 6:26pm
Msg #73287

I am seriously thinking of just emailing them back and tell them to cancel it is 7:30 and nothing yet, and I have done a search on this company and they are slow paying, that is another reason,

Reply by PartikgirlNJ on 10/31/05 6:32pm
Msg #73289

This is par for the course with some SS's. It gets a little hectic at times, however one hour before signing and no docs yet!!!! Good luck.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 10/31/05 6:46pm
Msg #73291

I would be calling the borrowers to give them a heads up. Its OK if they dont mind how late it is and you don't either. But this happens all the time, so you can't plan.

Reply by JRinFL on 10/31/05 8:00pm
Msg #73302

I agree. There are times when it is not feasible for the borrowers too since they may need to get to bed early. I would call them and let them know what is happening and see what they prefer (as long as you are flexible too).
JR

Reply by Ilona_OH on 10/31/05 8:03pm
Msg #73303

I feel your pain.Been there-done that!Call the brw asap!

Reply by RhondaFL on 10/31/05 9:14pm
Msg #73311

Thanks for all the input, I went ahead and cancelled, I had another appointment at 7:00 and I was late for that one, I waited until almost 8:00 (emailed the ss around 7:30, though, and docs still had not arrived) the SS responded and said that they understood, would try and find someone else, and appreciated my patience. I don't mind waiting as long as the brw don't mind waiting, but I had this other one to do also and they were not willing to wait. I know these situations do come up.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/31/05 10:38pm
Msg #73317

Smart move to cancel.

The only thing I would suggest is that you never let late edocs screw up your other signing appointments. There is no reason your 7:00 appointment should have had to wait over an hour for you just because another title company, completely unrelated to their loan, couldn't do their job properly.

And as you now see, you can waste a whole bunch of time sitting around waiting for edocs that never arrive. Let the signing services and title companies stress out about late edocs and rescheduling, not us.

By the way, who was the SS? You might have just saved yourself from a major headache in trying to collect your payment.

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/31/05 11:02pm
Msg #73319

I was thinking the same thing CaliNotary..I never let my appointments go late just because of other docs not being received prior to that appointment. I call and let SS know that I'm going to be late because other appointments were scheduled after that and I would facilitate the closing for the late docs after my other appointments. I then call borrower and explain that I am going to be late because their docs had not yet come in. Because I keep them informed of the situation, they're always OK with that. No need in making the other borrower's wait as it's not their fault.

I'd be curious to know who the SS is also. I had a closing scheduled Wednesday of last week and because docs weren't ready, they re-scheduled for today. I never received the docs, phone call or e-mail from SS despite my emails to SS and phone call to them. SS advised me during phone call that she would call TC and get back with me. I informed her that I needed to leave my house no later than 3:30 to facilitate a 4:00pm closing. She stated she would call me back by 3:20 and I never heard back from her. It would be interesting to know if it was the same SS.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/1/05 12:00pm
Msg #73409

your similar experience [Re: Signing At 8:30 p.m no docs yet

So who was the SS that messed you up last Wednesday?

Reply by SLP_VA on 11/1/05 4:01pm
Msg #73474

Re: your similar experience [Re: Signing At 8:30 p.m no docs yet

It was actually a TC - U.S. Title Corp..

It also didn't close yesterday either. I received a call again this morning wanting to know if I could do it today at 6pm..Well..It is now 5pm, and no docs, emails or phone calls despite my left messages and emails to TC. Makes you go hmmmmmmm......

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/1/05 11:55am
Msg #73408

slow payer [Re: Signing At 8:30 p.m no docs yet]

What company do you hear is the slow payer, please?

Reply by Anonymous on 11/1/05 9:04am
Msg #73353

Offer them tomorrow!

Tell them you are booked up, but offer them tomorrow, especially if you have spoke to the borrower. Sometimes you can get the signing for tomorrow over lunch or early afternoon picking up the assignment before the busier evening time. Shows you are trying to be accomodating and you can capture cash flow.

Reply by RhondaFL on 11/1/05 10:33am
Msg #73377

Re: Offer them tomorrow!

they did indeed call me back today and ask that I would go this evening to do the job, they did email me back yesterday and told me they understood, and left a voice mail indicating that it will not take place at 8:30 and if I was willing to do it later. They called me this am I said yes, and they told me it was just a matter of getting the docs over, & emplained since it was holloween, some of the TC employees left early left 2 in the office and had a ton of loans to email out, and unfortunately, they just couldn't do all of them. the SS said they were there past 10:00 with the same situation. It happens to all of us, and they have been really nice about the whole thing and basically keeping me informed as they get the info. Let's see what happens today.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.