Notary Rotary
Signing for this evening
Notary Discussion History

Signing for this evening
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/4/05 8:24pm
Msg #68876

Signing for this evening

I got a call late this afternoon to do a signing this evening. (Edocs) The ss told me I should have the docs by now. On top of that, I have not heard from the borrower yet. At what point do I say it's not happening tonight? I don't want to wait all night at the computer for docs.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/4/05 8:29pm
Msg #68877

By the way, I am assuming that everyone has left the office for the evening. It is 6:30 in CA.

Reply by Mike_NJ on 10/4/05 8:33pm
Msg #68878

If it was me.. If I did not have the docs at least 2 hours before the appointment I would make calls and find out where my docs are. I would also let them know you did not ge confirmation from the borrower. (Long distance trips I will not travel unless I get a confirm from someone. i.e. TC, SS or the borrower)

1. What is your drop dead time. ( how late will wait and what time will you get done )

2. You need to find out if the borrower is still on for the signig ( I have had many say it to late in the night )

Reply by Anonymous on 10/4/05 8:33pm
Msg #68879

Give them about 1/2 hr and then call back and see what's going on. I got a call at 9:30pm to do a signing, they said I will have the docs at 10:00 and I did get them. I had to review them. I got to the borrowers at 11pm and left at 12:45am. Now that's a late signing.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/4/05 8:49pm
Msg #68881

Re: Signing for this evening--Next time charge more

when it's that late. I got home after 12 am last week after the storm caused one to get back late. I got additional for not making the lender/tc re-do the docs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.