Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
So would your client like those docs properly shreddered?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/30/05 8:09pm
Msg #73149

Signing company calls, tells me guy works close by and wants to close after work although he lives 100 miles away. I call but cannot reach him. Call signing company and say I cannot confirm with borrower. Signing company says not to worry. Sends me edocs and tells me to go to the signing 2 miles away at 4pm. As I am leaving, borrower calls and indicates that while his company is two miles away from me, he is at home 100 miles away. I call signing company. They say oops! They are sorry. I say wait a minute. They say they cannot pay me. I say I only printed the documents because you said I should( I was talking to the same person). He said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do.

Then I said well, I am sure the borrower would like the documents properly shredded. I charge $30.00 for that. He said he would see what he could do. Three days later, I got a check with a note that read....Please shred documents properly.

Keep shredding in mind.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/30/05 9:10pm
Msg #73160

That is the way to go. If not you had their FedX # you would have had to use it.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 10/30/05 9:29pm
Msg #73162

Good for you! N/M

Reply by LawrenceOK on 10/31/05 8:36am
Msg #73187

That SS did not try vary hard to save their clients loan did they? Although it was not the SS's fault, they should have ate your fees to get the signing completed and then re-adjusted the fees with the TC or Lender.

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/31/05 9:13am
Msg #73193

Sounds like the customer service of that SS is NOT one I want to deal with or "work for"!!!!! That was purely rude and disrespectful to you and the borrower and they should be ashame of themselves for taking advantage of you ...knowing they were not being honest with you from the beginning.

They should be put on the NOTARY BEWARE list!!!!!

Reply by Fay Hudson on 10/31/05 2:55pm
Msg #73276

Thanks for the input. I would never have thought of charging for e-docs if they cancelled or did not sign. What I do, however, is send them back at the company's expense and sometimes it runs into big bucks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.