Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
TC/SS fails to advise of 1st/2nd Mortg signings.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by 1stopnotary on 10/24/05 10:46pm
Msg #72118

I had sort of an interested signing this last week. I did a signing with the docs being sent to me. I looked them over and saw the second set to be for the borrower...after all it had the hud on top that was stamped "copy" 3x's. Now when I took the signing I was never told this was a 1st and 2nd Mortgage signing. So when I recvd the fed exp packege and only two sets (with NO other copies) I of course assumed the 2nd set was for the borrower...as I said earlier...the top HUD had the Copy stamped on it...so we did the signing...i left the 2nd set with them ...ok?!

Today i get a call from the TC asking about the 2nd mortgage setting. I questioned this as I was NEVER told this was 1st and 2nd mortgage signing and the borrower was not aware of it. I told them there was only two sets and the 2nd set was for the borrower. Before I knew it i got a call from the SS..who too questioned it. Well she was never told this was a 1st and 2nd mortgage signing either...so we called the borrower and asked for them to look at the 2nd set and to look for something in particiular...sure enough..there it was. So i went back to have the 2nd signing done... apparently the TC did NOT make any copies for the borrower at all for either 1st or 2nd mortg...and they also failed to advise of the 1st and 2nd mortg.

I felt this was NOT my fault nor the SS's ...however, I Learned a valuable lesson...for now on to ask if this is a 1st/2nd mortgage signing and to review the 2nd set carefully to make sure it is or isn't.

Of course i had to rebill the SS w/ a different cost...a higher cost. I was just glad to seet he couple again anyhow...their son isgetting married and they wanted me to do it...also I got to see their kitties again and the one cat they have is just like mine!!!

anyhow...has anyone else run into this kind of experience as well? advise!

Reply by Tennessee on 10/24/05 11:06pm
Msg #72122

I always check the borrowers copies but was super glad that I did when I read the post about the SA that had copies that were entirely different from the originals. I think you're very fortunate to have this SS on your side and backing you up.

Reply by Danny_FL on 10/25/05 8:05am
Msg #72137

Ive read some earlier stuff concerning this and I have a line on my Prep sheet/list that ensures I ask the SS/LO/TC specifically about 1st, 2nds, Heloc's. This ensures to save my butt in situations like this.

Danny

Reply by BetsyMI on 10/25/05 9:43am
Msg #72154

I always check the borrower's copies too, since twice the "supposed" borrower's copies were made out with someone else's name on them!!! They must be putting these packages together in a hurry!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.