Notary Rotary
TitleSearch USA
Notary Discussion History

TitleSearch USA
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Markita_MI on 10/14/05 12:08pm
Msg #70505

TitleSearch USA

I recently recved a call from this company for work while driving from a completed signing. Unknowingly, I accepted the job. Fortunately, I was able to look them up here on NotaryRotary and I am very happy I did.

From what I can tell from all the posts, this company is a SLOW to NO PAY entity. I just don't have time to chase a dead beat company down for funds owed me---when there are so many GOOD companies who appreciate the work we do and PAY ON TIME EVERY TIME.

That said, I took the advice of other signing agents who posted about doing just what I did---accepting the job unaware of their reputation. I quickly corrected that mistake and emailed confirmation that I must decline based upon their negative reputation in the industry.

Whew! It feels good to be proactive and head off the nasty collections ahead of time.

Back to signing....
Markita-MI

Reply by AnneSoCA on 10/14/05 7:34pm
Msg #70584

Markita,
I did the same thing as you. First I accepted the job, then found out their reputation. I emailed them and said I couldn't work for them and the person I emailed assured me I would get paid.

I DID get paid, in about two weeks. So I think I just got lucky or at least a really good scheduler!

Reply by Ted_MI on 10/14/05 9:24pm
Msg #70607

Hi Markita,

I got paid too. Must admit it took a while. They still owe me for another. But I imagine I will get paid for that one too. Just not going to hold my breath.

Reply by Markita_MI on 10/14/05 9:39pm
Msg #70612

After I emailed the scheduler that having read the negative reports from my fellow signing agents, I must decline---she advised that they had some problems in the past. However, they are working diligently to correct said problems. As such, she said that if I would take the signing ---she has spoken with Accounting and can include the check with the next day mail package. Even emailed via pdf a copy of the check they were sending.

Of course under these terms, I accepted.

Reply by Deborah Weikel on 10/15/05 7:05am
Msg #70656

I was skeptical of taking a signing with them too. But, I did the signing on 8/16/05 and got paid on 10/8/05. Seems a little long to wait for payment but at least they did pay!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.