Title/Affidavits
Notary Discussion History

Title/Affidavits
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Victoria Estridge on 10/19/05 3:04pm
Msg #71225

Title/Affidavits

Hello:

I am a NYS notary. In my refinance packages, I get forms to notarize that require title information. Ex. Affidavit in Connection with No Consideration, Mortgage Payoff Affidavit, Survey Affidavit, Indemnification Agreement. These forms are always seperate from the regular docs and are always left blank for me to figuer out how they should be signed. They don't state the borrowers names, instead they use wording such as Grantor, Grantee, person conveying property, Deponet, etc. Can anyone shed some light on these docs for me? I usally call the signing company that hired me, but all I get is the run around or they tell me to "do the best I can" with these docs.

Reply by newlysmomva on 10/19/05 3:34pm
Msg #71235

I'm in Va, but a survey affidavit in my experience has been either signed by the surveyor who did original survey, or seller to confirm that nothing has changed on property since survey, Indemnity Agreement has, for me, always been signed by borrower and general contractor on a construction loan to provide title company coverage in case all subcontractors and suppliers are not paid and title co has to pay. As for Mort payoff aff...can't help you. I'll be interested to see what some of the others have to say about this.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.