Notary Rotary
To Harry, et al Re: New Notary Law in CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by John_NorCal on 10/6/05 8:54am
Msg #69126

Many of you have probably received an email from the NNA concerning notary law changes going into effect in CA as of Jan 2006. The following is the wording requirement for acknowledgement certificates that must be followed EXACTLY according to the NNA. Will Harry be changing the ack that are offered here?

Here is the partial text of the NNA email:

Notaries must use the exact acknowledgment wording specified by law if the document is to be recorded in California or if no other acknowledgment wording is provided. Previously, Notaries were required to use wording "substantially similar" to that specified. So, with this new law, beginning on January 1, 2006, acknowledgment wording must be in exactly the following form:

State of California
County of __________

On __________ before me, __________ (here insert name and title of the officer), personally appeared __________ personally known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person(s) whose name(s) is/are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that he/she/they executed the same in his/her/their authorized capacity(ies), and that by his/her/their signature(s) on the instrument the person(s), or the entity upon behalf of which the person(s) acted, executed the instrument.

WITNESS my hand and official seal.

Signature __________ (Seal)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.