Notary Rotary
Totally Disgusted
Notary Discussion History

Totally Disgusted
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by DM_FL on 10/13/05 10:20am
Msg #70224

Totally Disgusted

SS refuses to pay print fee from August. Three hours after sending docs, the docs had to be changed. Before printing a second time, I called to confirm the print fee for the second printing and was told by the SS that it was a cost of doing business and that they don't pay for having to reprint docs. I told her to find someone else to handle the signing. I sent an invoice and waited 30 days--no reponse. I sent a second invoice--with a cc to the title co--giving 10 days for payment--no repsonse. I sent another today along with a message that I would no longer hold on to the docs. I told them I would return the docs to them, the lender, the title co or the the borrower and they should let me know which. Finally, I got a call. SS said she doesn't care what I do with the docs and that it doesn't cost $25 in ink, paper and time to print a package. She refuses to pay anything. Title company said to take it up with the SS. These people have no regard for their responsibility towards the borrower with their personal information and no regard for notaries who they contract with.

Reply by Calnotary on 10/13/05 10:26am
Msg #70226

I have always been paid for print docs that doesnt sign. Whats the SS ?

TIA

Reply by DM_FL on 10/13/05 10:33am
Msg #70230

I didn't handle the signing because they refused to pay a print fee for the second set that had to be printed due to a mistake in the docs. When they refused to pay me to re-print, I refused the job and invoiced them for the 1st set of docs. They're already on many no-no lists, so I really don't want to bring the name up again. Lesson learned.

Reply by Lavetta Paul on 10/13/05 10:43am
Msg #70232

You should share the name again. To many of us are getting the same treatment. Only through our sharing these experiences and names will we slow down the "delay" in payment and the failure to pay for services.

Reply by taxpro on 10/13/05 12:29pm
Msg #70265

This happened to me, but a different scenario. A new signing company called me at 3 pm for a signing at 7:30 pm that night. Then the signing was cancelled, after I had printed the docs for a first, a second, plus the extra set for the borrowers, about 300 pages. When the ss called to cancel, I told her my fee for printing the docs was $25, and asked what to do with the docs. She said ok to the fee, and she'd call back with instructions for the docs. She never called back. And never paid the fee.

I called back several times, she never answered the phone, and refused to return my calls. I called the title company and asked them what to do with the docs. They said "we'll get back to you on that." They never did. I called them again, same story.

Finally, I shipped them Fedex to the title company, using their account number. I stuck a note in the package that said, "I've called "abc signing company" and "xyz title company" several times for instructions on the disposition of these documents. I have not been able to get a response, so I am returning the docs to you so you may properly dispose of them."

The package weighed over three pounds, and Fedex "first overnight" is not cheap. But, I couldn't just toss them in the trash. And after I was treated so rudely, I wasn't about to waste my time shredding 300 pages, 10 sheets at a time. Instead they paid for the return shipping of the package, and got to dispose of the docs themselves.

Reply by DM_FL on 10/13/05 12:42pm
Msg #70271

That's exactly how I feel. I'm not dumping the docs in the trash, but I have no intention of shredding them free of charge.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/13/05 4:45pm
Msg #70339

Send them back with their UPS or FedX #. Let them pay one way or another. It is only fair. You tried.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.