Notary Rotary
Trust Notary Services
Notary Discussion History

Trust Notary Services
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by TandM ConsultingServices - Notary on 10/1/05 8:09pm
Msg #68334

Trust Notary Services

On July 25, 2005 i did a signing for Trust Notary Services. I have corresponded with the company several times regarding payment. Mike did a posting on this site saying that the checks were running behind schedule but would be paid. He assigned Tiffany King to be in charge of accounting and she wrote a check to me on 9-2-2005. I deposited the check into my banking account and the check was returned charging me 7.00 in fees. I notified Tiffany King about the bounced check and she has promised me that the check has been re-issued. This has been since 9-12-05, To date I have not been paid. At this point I have no choice but to take the matter to court and have them prosecuted for the bad check. I am checking into it now. They are located in Atlanta, GA and it is quite expensive to file but worth it for the way I have been treated.

Murial Taylor, Notary

Reply by M_Gall_CA on 10/1/05 9:36pm
Msg #68340

I would e-mail or call Tiffany again. She writes the checks but doesn't have signing authority. I think it might have gotten "lost in the woodwork". Advise her that they owe you the additional funds for the bouncey bounce.

Reply by Kevin Thrasher on 10/1/05 11:05pm
Msg #68344

I agree you should persue legal remedies for the bad check. Also inform to the BBB and file a complaint with the AG's office in GA.

Reply by Mindy_WA on 10/2/05 12:03am
Msg #68347

Murial,
I know that this can get frustrating...always trying to collect. I e-mailed Tiffany King as well and did not hear back. I called her and left a message and didn't hear back. Finally, after several attempts, I received a call to do another closing from Mike Patel. I let him know on 09/14, that I had not been paid for the 07/26 closing I did. He understood why we did not want to accept the new closing. My husband faxed Mike the info and got an e-mail immediately from Tiffany King. We also spoke with Jim Nance letting him know that we would not accept a check from them. We received a money order on 09/16 for $20 OVER our agreed upon fee.

I called Tiffany and Mike and let them know that they had overpaid us. I never heard from them regarding the overpayment. We assumed that the overpayment was a "courtesy".

I am always nice when I call for payment of services (not that you are not nice, just FYI). I have had very good luck with receiving payment...except from that Lisa Schreiber (Signature One). I feel that Trust Notary Services is really trying to make good on all their debts. Fortunately, I did get paid. Hopefully, you will too. I would try to contact Mike Patel, if I were you. Make sure you leave all the details of your contacts etc. if you don't get him on the line.

Good Luck!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/2/05 10:03am
Msg #68354

Re: My experience. Kind of long.

At the beginning of the year I believe they had great potential as a new company. Two-three weeks after my first signing, Mike called just to say hi! and touch bases and to make sure I had received my check. Each additional signing was promptly paid, until June. That appears to be when the bottom fell out out and payments became slower and slower. Mike publicly posted that they had hired a payroll company to delay payment.

The time schedule Mike posted for receiving payments came and went and I still was not paid. The first of July, I e-mailed Mike and got a response from Jim Nance advising that they had run out of checks and were waiting for a new supply. What business allows themself to completely run out of business checks?

The first of August, I e-mailed Mike again. He responded telling me to contact Tiffany and he forwarded the e-mail (he sent her) to me. Tiffany wrote for my address info and the amount of money I am owed. Does that mean I could have told her any amount of money and where is my tax and contact info located? I appreciate Tiffany for be thrown into the snake pit, and her efforts in trying the get Trust Notary back on track.

I got the check I had been trying to get for months. However, the check was for less than the agreed-upon amount. I again e-mailed Tiffany and she apologized and said she would send the shortage immediately, although she needed my address info once again because she didn't keep it. I foolishly sat the shortened check aside since my biz account charges for each separate deposit, so I try to make deposits only a couple times a month. I received the shortened check within days.

It was at about this time the posts began regarding NSF. I e-mailed Tiffany advising that I still had both checks and my concern with the NSF posts. The response was that the bank had made an error and deposited Trust biz funds into the wrong account. She told me to go ahead and deposit both of my checks and Jim Nance e-mailed me telling me the same thing. I gave them a chance to be upfront and tell me they were having financial problems and to hold onto the checks, but instead was told that I didn't have to worry.

One week later, I got the notification from my bank stating that the smaller check did not clear and that my account was deducted the amount plus a service charge. I waited for 3-4 days before contacting Tiffany waiting for the status of the larger check. Another and another apology from Tiffany. After sending my address once again, I received a money order for the shortage and the service charge a couple of weeks later. I was lucky that the larger check cleared the first time.

It is now October and payment complaints are still being posted. I won't be accepting any signings unless I'm first prepaid with a money order.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/2/05 12:39pm
Msg #68362

You did the signing(s). not your husband. As a woman, it's degrading and discriminating that your own e-mails and voice messages were ignored, but as soon as your husband faxed Mike, you immediately received a call.

Trust has taken on a whole new meaning.

Reply by BLE on 10/2/05 1:47pm
Msg #68371

Handling of Bad Checks

This has been discussed several times. For a good feel of your options read message #64052 and replies. Also #64243 and replies.

Reply by Eugene Tripp on 10/2/05 1:51pm
Msg #68372

On the positive side, I have worked for Trust a number of times and have always found the experience to be positive.

I've always been paid fairly and on time.

Problems do happen in business, and oftentimes it is not the company who is at fault.
Moreover, Trust seems to be working to overcome their problems.

Perhaps you might consider contacting them again.

Good Luck

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/2/05 4:19pm
Msg #68381

The NSF problems began in August. Jim Nance posted in September that he personally deposited a large deposit into his personal account by mistake. Okay, fine -- mistakes can happen. Why didn't he and the bank simply transfer the amount from his personal account to the biz account immediately when the error was discovered? I'm sure it wasn't all that long to receive each delinquent check notice in the mail, and that the account was being charged for each NSF check -- what is it now, $25-$35-$50 each. In September people were still posting and trying to get Trust to make good on the NSF checks.

Why in October are we still reading about payment problems?

*Perhaps you might consider contacting them again.*

How many times is a person expected to chase after money owed them? When does it become time for the business to take the initiative to contact their accounts payable personally?--or better yet, simply pay up.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/2/05 7:11pm
Msg #68391

There is no excuse for writing bad checks. Period.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/2/05 7:48pm
Msg #68403

Re: There is no excuse for writing bad checks. Period.

Anon, that was my thought...EXACTLY.

Reply by TandM ConsultingServices - Notary on 10/2/05 8:53pm
Msg #68416

Re: There is no excuse for writing bad checks. Period.

I definitely agree with you. Especially numerous times.

Reply by Jim Nance / Trust Notary Services on 10/11/05 4:56pm
Msg #69934

Carolyn,

First off, I did deposit a large check into my personal account. We average 20 checks clearing daily. I wasn't notified for 3 days that there was an issue. We have replaced all NSF checks w/ replacement checks or cashiers checks. Now Ms. Taylor never made it to her. I have been in correspondance with her to resolve this matter. No one is expected to chase after their money. We took the intiatitive to contact everyone that we knew had any issues at all and we have paid everyone to date. Anyone with an issue can contact me directly at 404-497-0940.

Jim Nance

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.