Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
UGGGHHHH!! Lost 2 closings in a week due to...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by SLP_VA on 10/28/05 2:51pm
Msg #72895

SLOW PRINTING!

I received a call today at 2:15 today for a 3:30pm closing today. SS had the docs ready to send me. Since my next appointment was not scheduled until 5:30, I told her I could do it. As soon as I got in my office, the docs were there. Downloaded quickly and went to print...It was taking FOREVER. Started printing maybe 1 every 5 minutes! I came to Not ROT and did a quick search and tried everything under the sun. I finally called Office Max to advise them that docs would be emailed to them for printing and they said they could not have it ready until late tonight! Because SS said signing had to be done early today, I had to let this one go! Lost another one thie week because of the printing. ERRR! So Frustrating!

Oh Well..Just had to vent...I hope everyone else's day is going good!

Reply by FastCA on 10/28/05 4:08pm
Msg #72917

One little nugget of news that I learned from another post, is to make sure that when they send you the e-doc's that they are sent as text and not in graphic mode. I have had this problem in the past as well. Sorry about the lost business.

Reply by taxpro on 10/28/05 4:47pm
Msg #72922

You might try this...

I've had this problem too. I don't know if this is the answer, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I have Windows XP, Home Edition on my computer. Sometimes when the docs are .pdf files, the printing takes forever, like one page every minute or two. Other pdf files print very quickly, 20 pages a minute. What's the difference? I think it's something with the way the docs were converted to .pdf format. But anyway, I have a solution that works for me. We have several computers networked together in our office. One of the other computers has Windows 2000, and another one has Windows XP, Professional edition. If I use one of those computers to print the slow .pdf file, it prints fast. It's got to be Windows XP Home edition, because that's the only thing that's different. All the computers have the same amount of memory, and it's the same printer. If you are using Windows XP Home Edition, you might try upgrading your version. If it works, it will save you a lot of time and money.

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/28/05 10:04pm
Msg #72955

Re: You might try this...

Thanks taxpro...Yes I too have a Windows XP, Home Edition. Maybe I will upgrade to Professional Edition. I'm willing to try anything at this point. It's useless losing business when you don't have to. I did end up doing that closing though. The borrower said he was willing to close after my other closings, so SS sent to Office Max and I picked them up and away I went. Didn't get home until 9:30 though, but it's all good.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

I love this board!

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/28/05 5:36pm
Msg #72931

Adobe Acrobat?

Were these pdf docs? And did you recently upgrade to the newest version of Acrobat? If so, that's most likely the problem. I think the new version is 7.05 or something, you need to uninstall it, go to the Adobe website, and you can download an older version there. If you put version 6 back on the computer it should get things running normally again.

And if that's not the problem, then I just send my sympathies, I know how annoying slow printing can be.

Reply by SLP_VA on 10/28/05 10:00pm
Msg #72954

Re: Adobe Acrobat?

Thank you so much CaliNotary! Yes I did upgrade to the newest version a couple of days ago, but I did that because of the other closing I lost. It was printing slow as well and I thought if I downloaded the newer version, that would help (I removed all prior versions from my computer as well). It didn't. I don't know what to do. I don't have this problem with the majority of pdf files. Just a few. I think I will go back in and uninstall 7.0.5. and go back with the 6.0. Thanks again!

Reply by PJM/MI on 10/29/05 6:56am
Msg #72977

It all depends on how the docs were scanned. I have a "Mr. Wizard" I call with all of my problems, and he was the one to tell me that Adobe defaults to jpeg. So when docs are scanned at jpeg, the printer "reads" them as if it were a picture. (Too many pixels). If docs are scanned as text, then printer "reads" it as text and off it goes at 20 pages a minute. I even called one co and told 'em this, and they were really happy to know it. The next set of docs they sent me was scanned as text.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/29/05 8:16am
Msg #72984

I'm sorry, PJM, but your "Mr. Wizard" is incorrect about Adobe. It does not default to images unless the system is previously configured to capture as images. The application can be configured to default to text as easily as it is configured for pictures. If the documents are scanned as images, it is not in JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group) format which is commonly used for color photographic images.. Adobe uses TIFF format (Tagged Image File Format) to store the data. Images must be rendered on the printer as an picture, like a bitmap, including white space. A full size 8½x14 legal page (like the HUD) can take anywhere up to 3 minutes to render depending on processor speed of both the PC and the printer, as well as memory to full render the picture.

Reply by mimurrayFl on 10/28/05 10:48pm
Msg #72961

CaliNotary....I'm not sure if that's the problem. I upgraded to the new version and I did a closing that printed just fine. There was a problem at the table and the docs had to be redrawn and we had to do the signing a couple days later. When I went to print the new set of docs I had FITS printing it. If I sent the entire package to my printer it did something I haven't come across yet. I would only get one or two lines printed across the top of the page and it looked like Chinese. So I had to send only 5 or 6 pages at a time to the spooler and it printed fine but very slow. Docs were sent to me by the same person and both sets were formatted the same way also.

Maybe there is some Twilight Zone effect invading our printers.....LOL

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 10/28/05 11:39pm
Msg #72965

It must be something in the air. I didn't download the new version of Adobe because of this board and I had a problem downloading from swift view. It was taking forever. They ended up faxing me the docs. Later when I got home I tried it again and it printed without any trouble. What is going on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.