Notary Rotary
Well... Stupid ME!
Notary Discussion History

Well... Stupid ME!
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by PJM/MI on 10/29/05 7:17am
Msg #72978

Well... Stupid ME!

I had a pretty bad week this past week.. late e-docs, upset borrowers, late for just about every closing I had, etc. (Typical signing week). Yesterday was going pretty good.. so I thought. I received my 2 sets of e-docs on time, and Mr. FEDEX left another set of docs on my porch. Wow.. I was ready to roll! Grabbed up all my docs and I was on my way! 1st closing went really well, so I had time to kill. Stopped to see a friend, as it was on my way to my 2nd closing. Was just getting ready to leave my friends house, and SS called me. "Did you get your Monday docs?" I said, "I don't think so".
(Here's the DUMB part). When Mr. FEDEX dropped the docs, me in my "dumb"mode, I didn't open them..like I usually do. So I get out my handy dandy letter opener, open up the docs that I THINK are for my 3rd closing, and they are the Monday docs! YIKES!!!
I call the SS for the 3rd closing and tell 'em "no docs". So after closing#2, home I come to download/print. (I know those darn things will show up today or Monday). So once again, I'm late for a closing.
Lesson to me: ALWAYS open up the dropped docs.

Reply by Ilona_OH on 10/29/05 8:02am
Msg #72982

We all have senior moments even if we aren't seniors. Just shows you your human side. Good luck next week and may the Force be with you!

Reply by Teddog_CO on 10/29/05 10:24am
Msg #72995

I don't care what anyone "tells you" everyone makes mistakes. I've done some really dumb things. And it was not because I lack experience, Brain freeze? or something. This is a very fast paced business. So please don't feel bad. All we can do is correct our errors and drink more coffee. LOL
I second Ilona_OH, may the Force be with All of us! Next week will be the best ever!!!

Best to You All
Teddog_CO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.