Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What? WWN and not NNA for digital signing???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 10/23/05 5:41pm
Msg #72005

What's this? "National Real Estate Information Services (NREIS) has engaged with World Wide Notary (WWN) in an e-signing pilot project that just may be the next big step in the e-mortgage evolution."

Don't see the NNA taking a lead in this news article. Maybe I have overlooked them...anyhow, read More:

http://www.realtms.com/nreis_corporate/news_e-signing.htm

World Wide Notary (Digasign)
http://www.wwnotary.com/index.html

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/23/05 5:46pm
Msg #72006

BTW - eSigning brochure is here...interesting.

http://www.wwnotary.com/images/electronic%20notarization%20now.pdf

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/24/05 12:55pm
Msg #72053

Re: BTW - eSigning brochure is here...interesting.

Reply by Merry_CA on 10/24/05 12:57pm
Msg #72054

Re: BTW - eSigning brochure is here...interesting.

Oops! Thanks for the info Brenda! This is the way the loan signing business is headed... just a matter of time, and not too long in my opinion.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/24/05 1:02pm
Msg #72056

Re: BTW - eSigning will counties accept?.

I think a big hurdle will be the tens of thousands of county clerks who look for specifics. Original signatures, blue ink, etc. Many, if not most, aren't even able to keep current docs on line.
Any abstractors like to give their input?

JMHO

Art

Reply by Gerry_VT on 10/24/05 3:15pm
Msg #72072

Art, you don't say how you imagine the documents being presented to the county clerks. Interestingly, the marketing documents for this product don't say anything about that. My view is that as soon as a digital document is printed on paper, or put on microfilm, most of the security of the digital signature is gone. So, the county clerk should be prepared to keep the document as a digital file for hundreds of years. (Yes, a neighbor of mine in Vermont had to have her surveyor trace her lot lines all the way back to the town charter in 1763.)

A lot of people will argue this is not necessary. The're wrong.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/24/05 4:35pm
Msg #72080

Gerry, you absolutely correct about some documents, such as deeds, surveys, etc. needing to be kept in perpetuity. Even mortgages need to be kept for as long as they are active, but the satisfaction must also be kept in perpetuity. How's all this going to play out in the digital world is yet to be determined. The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) along with the International Publishers' Association (IPA), grappled the problem of digital documents back in 2002. They created a IFLA/IPA Steering Group for the purpose of "Preserving the Memory of the World in Perpetuity" and issued a joint statement on the archiving and preserving of digital information. (http://www.ifla.org/V/press/ifla-ipa02.htm) So, it's not just our small corner of the world having to deal with this issue. But I see our part having a much larger battle, especially in establishing standards, funding development and invocation, and then, getting widespread legislative acceptance which can draft and pass the necessary statutes for the execution of the process.

Personally, I don't see this happening in my lifetime.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/25/05 12:05am
Msg #72128

Re: BTW - eSigning ... But, NNA is not in the lead...

on this. That's what I found the most interesting. The esigning thing will get here when it gets here, but I guess that the NNA has a whole bunch of those little enjoa finger printing and signing thingies collecting dust. They may be the greatest, but they really are not in demand at this time...as far as I can tell.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.