Notary Rotary
What were they thinking?
Notary Discussion History

What were they thinking?
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/14/05 1:37pm
Msg #70523

What were they thinking?

Just had an SS call me for a signing this evening. No problem, can do.

The location is a 9-1/2 hour roundtrip drive from me. No problem, can do; **BUT** I'll bill almost $500 for the extended mileage and signing combined, and I'd need the docs in less than five minutes to even have a distant prayer of getting there by the appointed time.

Heavy sigh on the other end - then, "That's too much for us. Thanks anyway."

Had to chuckle at that one.

Reply by Art_MD on 10/14/05 1:41pm
Msg #70524

Had another one last week for Pasadena. I live in Pasadena MARYLAND. This was for Pasadena, CALIFORNIA. I quoted $1995 (told them that price included me hiring a CA notary). They turned me down.

Art

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/14/05 2:07pm
Msg #70530

They obviously weren't thinking! LOL! 500? For a 9 1/2 hour drive that would be a nice low fee! They should've taken it! Wonder if they found anyone?

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 10/14/05 4:46pm
Msg #70547

I live in Florida and was asked to do one in CT. I told him he probably couldn't afford me and asked if my fee included plane fare and the SS didn't get it. He finally did and we had a chuckle!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.