Notary Rotary
Whats Up With That!!!
Notary Discussion History

Whats Up With That!!!
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 10/6/05 5:56pm
Msg #69206

Whats Up With That!!!

Ive made some revisions in my business to include price changes. If Im going to make it in this, I have to. Also, winter us upon us Wisconsinites and that will take a toll on my car and me. I do excellent work and take it upon myself to make a second trip back to borrowers if I miss something. (That has only happened twice) Nobody has ever complained, at least to me, about my work. In addition, I keep studying anything I can get my hands on to only better what I do.

So, why is it when you tell a company your price changes, they dont want to pay. Especially when they know your work is good. My fees havent gone up that much, and they are more than competitive. Could the answer be there is someone out there who will do it for the lowball price? I bet thats it.

Alrighty then!! All I can say to that is "you get what you paid for" and that only leaves room for the companies who are willing to pay my adjusted fees. And even better, title comps who will appreciate my work.

OK----Im done now. Thank you Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/6/05 6:04pm
Msg #69209

Lisa, thank you for your voice of reason comments. If we cannot profit, it's time to look for another line of work IMHO.

I have weathered the low times recently and now a $40 company called today. They asked ARE YOU STILL WORKING AS AN NSA? Can you do ___?

Yes. But you really don't want to hear my price.

No! We do!

I quoted $140. They said "Okay! Thanks! We'll get that approved. How should we send your confirmation?"

It's happening regularly now. I do not want to hold anyone hostage, but I am only quoting what I need to so that I can stay in business. Today another scheduler argued gently and then agreed to my fee.

To all who hire me, I appreciate you very much. I just have to keep the lights on and buy a pair of nice shoes on occasion, as well. My only choice is to forego my NSA business and once I do, I will be gone completely -- I will have found something else to put my passion into. I don't do well if I have several different directions to work in.

Again, thank you for your business.

Reply by LisaWI on 10/6/05 6:23pm
Msg #69212

Amen!! And thats just it. If I cant make enough to justify the business, it all wont matter because there wont be a business.

You know, this kind of reminds me of waitressing. Some bosses have the attitude that there are a dozen other waitresses who would replace you if you didnt like your job.

Bahhhhh, I say. It only makes me work harder and better.

I am woman, here me roar!!!!

Reply by Nd_WA on 10/6/05 9:39pm
Msg #69243

I hear ya...Loud & clear

They (low payer) will come to term and appreciate when the time is right. I have this conspicuous theory that some has no choice but to pay you up b/c the regular EO/TC is used to seeing your flawless work. I worked with an SS where a new employee/scheduler would tell me we only pay $75 for edoc but the owner has agreed to pay my max b/c I've save the EO a few times even from having to do a 2nd/3rd trip.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/6/05 11:27pm
Msg #69259

Re: I hear ya...Loud & clear

I work for a Co that sends the check w/ the pkg. or mails it the day that you print edocs. I took a job for them today and my CO had their "normal price." I called and said, I got the CO, but my fee for edocs is $XXXX. Gal said, "I'm sorry. I'll fix it and send it over." I got the corrected CO in less than two minutes.

Do your job well (keep doing your job well) and they will come.

Hi Andy! Smiley

Reply by tfarmer on 10/6/05 10:00pm
Msg #69248

AMEN !!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.